OKC Hip-Hop/Flocabulary Curriculum---Up to $97,000 Worth

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
While I think that whatever helps kids become engaged and learning is a good thing, I simply don't see how those lyrics are educational or productive.

Should we go and find all the dirt in Eli Whitney, George Washington Carver, Sequoyah or Martin Luther King and write a song about their shortcomings as human beings?

I have no problem with the program, per se, but some of the songs they are using in the curriculum worry me.

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I really dont see the problem with the lyrics. Last time I checked, Monroe considered native americans worth less than livestock (believed in genocide to further western development) and viewed women as less than equal. As for Jackson, same as Monroe, believed the answer to the "Native American" problem was the eradication of the entire people's. He was even presented the "education" approach, where native americans were to be "educated out of their culture" and he still insisted eradication was the best solution.

Unfortunately, thems the truths, and any "non brainwashed kid" (by that I mean kids who are brainwashed into believing white male is right and all else is inferior) will gather the same opinion by reading any history book.

What we arent seeing is the lyrics to songs that most likely portray others like Jefferson, Lincoln, Washington, etc in a very very positive light.

I agree with BB, its about whatever grabs their attention and keeps them in schools.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I really dont see the problem with the lyrics. Last time I checked, Monroe considered native americans worth less than livestock (believed in genocide to further western development) and viewed women as less than equal. As for Jackson, same as Monroe, believed the answer to the "Native American" problem was the eradication of the entire people's. He was even presented the "education" approach, where native americans were to be "educated out of their culture" and he still insisted eradication was the best solution.

Unfortunately, thems the truths, and any "non brainwashed kid" (by that I mean kids who are brainwashed into believing white male is right and all else is inferior) will gather the same opinion by reading any history book.

What we arent seeing is the lyrics to songs that most likely portray others like Jefferson, Lincoln, Washington, etc in a very very positive light.

I agree with BB, its about whatever grabs their attention and keeps them in schools.

Ok then if the "old dead white guys" don't deserve any respect for what they did for this country then neither do any of the other people I mentioned.

I am tired of apologizing for being born "Caucasian". Teaching history is one thing ... teaching disrespect is another.

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok then if the "old dead white guys" don't deserve any respect for what they did for this country then neither do any of the other people I mentioned.

I am tired of apologizing for being born "Caucasian". Teaching history is one thing ... teaching disrespect is another.

Why would you apologize for being white? You didnt do these things. You didnt have anything to do with those things.

Will we recognize Clinton for any good he did?
Will we recognize Obama for whatever good he may do or has done?

IMHO, Jackson was a horrible President. He was avidly against the rights of the state and he did things with the banks that lead to massive inflation. They guy has next to nill "good credits" in the department of great services to this country.

As for Monroe, Jackson got his horrible start under his command acting as Monroe's dog of war. Monroe was responsible for a 3 year depression.

Its not about respect. Its about truth. You are assuming what little, if any, good these men did is not being told. I believe firmly in teaching the real history. If you only get taught the good without the bad, one grows up assuming the US can do no wrong. That gets us in a lot of trouble... and Im not talking about issues involving foreign affairs, Im talking domestic issues.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why would you apologize for being white? You didnt do these things. You didnt have anything to do with those things.

Will we recognize Clinton for any good he did?
Will we recognize Obama for whatever good he may do or has done?

IMHO, Jackson was a horrible President. He was avidly against the rights of the state and he did things with the banks that lead to massive inflation. They guy has next to nill "good credits" in the department of great services to this country.

As for Monroe, Jackson got his horrible start under his command acting as Monroe's dog of war. Monroe was responsible for a 3 year depression.

Its not about respect. Its about truth. You are assuming what little, if any, good these men did is not being told. I believe firmly in teaching the real history. If you only get taught the good without the bad, one grows up assuming the US can do no wrong. That gets us in a lot of trouble... and Im not talking about issues involving foreign affairs, Im talking domestic issues.

As usual you are right. Sorry man ... don't have it in me tonight. I think it is a bad idea. You are not going to change my mind by carrying on like a banshee.

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As usual you are right. Sorry man ... don't have it in me tonight. I think it is a bad idea.

I really hate hearing that, BB. I know you have a differing opinion, and I value you for that. I just see how history should be used to educate all portions of our past, good and bad. I see it as if we are taught the bad, we can learn from it. How many times do we (by we, I mean those of us that can see all the BS in social programs) beat our heads in the wall pointing back to Roosevelt's New Deal screaming at our lungs, "Cant you see how big a F up it is!" and we continue to get these young fresh minds in college thinking its the much needed teet?

I will concede, the program may be bad. Maybe all the songs portray the old white guys as bad. If thats the case,... true, its a horrible program that will only breed hatred, resentment and racism.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Why would you apologize for being white? You didn't do these things. You didn't have anything to do with those things.

I do not and never will apologize for being white.

As you said, I did not do anything to anybody.

My problem is that this "new" way to teach our specific ethnic group of our population is nothing more than trying to teach them Ebonics. A foreign language among our citizens.

They, in their mind set are trying to make this ethnicity specific teaching method another way to segregate the minority so they can be even further removed from the way America was designed to be a
"melting pot".
In my opinion its racist. They are not teaching white kids this same study.
Why?

This whole process of dumbing down our kids is totally stupid.

Latest posts

Top Bottom