OKC Hip-Hop/Flocabulary Curriculum---Up to $97,000 Worth

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I do not and never will apologize for being white.

As you said, I did not do anything to anybody.

My problem is that this "new" way to teach our specific ethnic group of our population is nothing more than trying to teach them Ebonics. A foreign language among our citizens.

They, in their mind set are trying to make this ethnicity specific teaching method another way to segregate the minority so they can be even further removed from the way America was designed to be a
"melting pot".
In my opinion its racist. They are not teaching white kids this same study.
Why?

This whole process of dumbing down our kids is totally stupid.

Cause crackers cant rap, fool!

Seriously though, I went to High School in Mustang. We had Ag teachers who also taught algebra, coaches who taught history. Teachers that said Ain't and Done Did. And teachers that used farming examples for math class. And one that related any math problem to cornbread. Its not really any different is it?

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bad idea

Why not teach that we are all Americans and not a hypenated America

What does hyphenated America have to do with this? Nowhere in the article does it say anything about that.

And like it or not, some of us take great pride in our heritage. I myself take great pride in being an American Indian as well as an Irish American as well as a Catholic American as well as an American Libertarian. Why? Because I am proud of my origins, heritage and belief.

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
John Wayne said:
The hyphen. Webster’s dictionary defines as a symbol used to divide a compound word or a single word.

So it seems to me that when a man calls himself Afro-American or Mexican-American or Italian-American or Irish-American or Jewish-American, what he’s saying is “I’m a divided American.”

Well, we all came from other places, different creeds, different races, to form a nation, to become as one. Yet look at the harm a line has done, a simple little line, and, yet, as divisive as a line can get. A crooked cross the Nazis flew, and the Russian hammer and sickle, too – time bombs in the lives of Man.

But none of these could ever fan the flames of hatred faster than the hyphen.

The Russian hammer built a wall that locks men’s hearts from freedom’s call. The crooked cross flew overhead above 20 million tragic dead, among them, men from this great nation who died for Freedom’s preservation.

A hyphen is a line that’s small. It can be a bridge or it can be a wall. A bridge can save you lots of time; a wall you always have to climb.

The road to Liberty lies true. The hyphen’s use is up to you.

Used as a bridge, it can span all the differences of Man. Being free in mind and soul should be our most important goal.

But, if you use the hyphen as a wall, you’ll make your life mean and small.

An American is a special breed whose People came to her in need. They came to her that they might find a world where they’d have peace of mind, where men are equal, and (something more), stand taller than they stood before.

So you be wise in your decision, and that little line won’t cause division. Let’s join hands with one another, for in this land, each man’s your brother. United we stand; divided we fall.

We’re Americans. That says it all.

John Wayne said it best. The hyphen only becomes a problem when its used as a wall. That wall can be built by the person who self applies or the person who applies to others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My main issue is the when I grew up, there were no differences among races. We all went to the same school, lived in the same neighborhoods, etc.
Drafted into the Army in 71, and quickly found out the problems.

We have to, as a nation, be one, if we are to be a sucessful nation.....

This cannot happen when he have school administrators that couldn't hold down a job in the real world putting their stupid ideas into the teaching world.

I have two friends that are teachers that only stay where they are at because of retirement.
They(women) are so distressed at the way education is going these days, that they can't wait to get out of it.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What does hyphenated America have to do with this? Nowhere in the article does it say anything about that.

And like it or not, some of us take great pride in our heritage. I myself take great pride in being an American Indian as well as an Irish American as well as a Catholic American as well as an American Libertarian. Why? Because I am proud of my origins, heritage and belief.

I have several origins in my background....I'll never be known as any thing but an AMERICAN.

I do take pride in my heritage, but I don't hyphenate it....
Your an American or a furriner.....

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have several origins in my background....I'll never be known as any thing but an AMERICAN.

I do take pride in my heritage, but I don't hyphenate it....
Your an American or a furriner.....

I think it all depends on who you use that hyphen, just like the duke says. If you use it to convey loyalty to another country/nation, yeah that isnt good. But if its a matter of pride...

justinsaneok

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why would you apologize for being white? You didnt do these things. You didnt have anything to do with those things.

Will we recognize Clinton for any good he did?
Will we recognize Obama for whatever good he may do or has done?

IMHO, Jackson was a horrible President. He was avidly against the rights of the state and he did things with the banks that lead to massive inflation. They guy has next to nill "good credits" in the department of great services to this country.

As for Monroe, Jackson got his horrible start under his command acting as Monroe's dog of war. Monroe was responsible for a 3 year depression.

Its not about respect. Its about truth. You are assuming what little, if any, good these men did is not being told. I believe firmly in teaching the real history. If you only get taught the good without the bad, one grows up assuming the US can do no wrong. That gets us in a lot of trouble... and Im not talking about issues involving foreign affairs, Im talking domestic issues.

+1 for the whole truth and nothing but it. You see what happens larry, this is what happens when you duck a stranger in the bass!!!

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think it all depends on who you use that hyphen, just like the duke says. If you use it to convey loyalty to another country/nation, yeah that isnt good. But if its a matter of pride...

I have pride in my heritage.
Ask me about it and I'll tell you.

The OP was about teaching kids by using hip hop lyrics.
We have morphed this thread into another subject.
Back to the OP...what is wrong with teaching kids reading, writing and arithmetic?

Do we need to use ethnic methods with certain ethnicities to make this happen or teach across the board the same learning methods so we are all on the same page?

I can't imagine some board meeting when somebody is speaking Ebonics, or hip-hop derivative trying to get a message across to the rest of the board??

What if my insurance sales person can only speak Ebonics when trying to sell me a policy???

How in the hell is this going to help America??

Latest posts

Top Bottom