Oklahoma “gun lawyer” ordered to spend 15 weekends in jail for tax offense

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oklahoma City “gun lawyer” Doug Friesen was ordered Thursday to spend 15 weekends in jail and six months on home detention for willfully failing to pay federal employment taxes.

Friesen, 63, also must pay $209,673 more in overdue taxes to the Internal Revenue Service. He already has paid $110,327 in back taxes.

Friesen describes himself online as “Your Gun Lawyer.” He has been involved in high-profile shooting cases.

http://newsok.com/oklahoma-gun-lawy...kends-in-jail-for-tax-offense/article/5345700

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Man, I'm sorry to hear that. I like Doug. The Feds sure have been on his ass through the years. He has been through some very rough times, with the embezzling GF/employee and the NFA prosecution, and now this. Can you imagine having to cough up $250,000 for attorneys and experts if you got crosswise with the BATFE? If it was me I just flat couldn't afford to make the kind of defense I would probably need to make to win in court. Beat the JBTs and the tax man still gets ya. Hell of a deal.

Defnestor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They probably added him to a terror watch list. Homeland Security is keeping surveillance on him from a MRAP disguised as a flower deliver van across the street from his office.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm betting that there's another side to this story. If the Feds come after you, they have lots of tools at their disposal. The tax code--and its complexity--has proven to be an effective one.

They have to have armed force to inflict this BS on folks. How would you react if you were the LEO instructed to enforce some of this crap?

Ace_on_the_Turn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
He was the lawyer at my wife's CC class. I still have his business card, it's got some great advice on it. Basically, do not talk to the police without a lawyer. Anyone know what the gun charge was?

Latest posts

Top Bottom