Oklahoma Supreme Court delays executions of two inmates suing state

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Just stay patient. Justice will be served on these 2. Guilt and penalty is not the issue. I'm glad the issue is being heard. If we're going to have a flawed system, we owe it to the innocent to make it quick and painless.

I'm not really against the death penalty as much as I'm against killing an innocent human.

Glock_21

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What about if they didn't actually do it?

You are fine with the blood of the innocent being on your hands? You want your tax money to pay for the taking of another humans life?

I personally don't like my taxes being used to kill other people.

Lockett's crimes happened in my hometown. One teenage girl was raped, another murdered in a cruel and painful death. Lockett had his day in court and was found guilty and sentenced to death. All of this liberal, "right to lifer", no death penalty crap makes me sick.

I would love to bring back the gallows, or the chair, or the firing squad. But sure enough, some liberal lawyer would be granted a stay of execution based on the fibers in a rope, questions about voltage, or concerns about bullets.......

Junior Bonner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Probably the Guillotine is the quickest. But I would choose a hanging over that electric chair. Years ago I watched a VCR tape called "Faces of Death" and it showed a real execution by electric chair. He was blindfolded, but his eyeballs apparently exploded and blood was running out of his eye sockets while foam was coming out of his mouth. He was still alive after ten or twelve minutes of this. They turned off the electricity to the chair, and checked for vital signs but he wasn't dead yet, so they electrocuted him again, it just went on and on. These two had better hope they get the needle, hanging, or firing squad. If they mess around and get the chair...

Glock_21

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Probably the Guillotine is the quickest. But I would choose a hanging over that electric chair. Years ago I watched a VCR tape called "Faces of Death" and it showed a real execution by electric chair. He was blindfolded, but his eyeballs apparently exploded and blood was running out of his eye sockets while foam was coming out of his mouth. He was still alive after ten or twelve minutes of this. They turned off the electricity to the chair, and checked for vital signs but he wasn't dead yet, so they electrocuted him again, it just went on and on. These two had better hope they get the needle, hanging, or firing squad. If they mess around and get the chair...

I've seen that. Gruesome.......

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ah, I didn't know the particulars of this case. I'm talking on a more long term general sense.

You really need to delve into the particulars of murder cases. Get into the details of how the victims were murdered, and the torture they were put through. The lady in the shallow grave begging for her life didn't care about your long term general sense of the death penalty in general. She just wanted to be alive like you.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Probably the Guillotine is the quickest. QUOTE]

Not so. Death is caused by lack of blood to the brain. There are documented cases of heads in the basket still blinking their eyes. Not for long, but it has happened.

The Faces of Death electrocution thing is nothing more than a bad exercise.

Ol' Sparky at Big Mac has put down many of them. So what if they feel a little pain?

Junior Bonner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Probably the Guillotine is the quickest. QUOTE]

Not so. Death is caused by lack of blood to the brain. There are documented cases of heads in the basket still blinking their eyes. Not for long, but it has happened.

The Faces of Death electrocution thing is nothing more than a bad exercise.

Ol' Sparky at Big Mac has put down many of them. So what if they feel a little pain?

Well, they're being executed with lethal injections, so probably the next thing they'll want is a medical doctor doing it. There was also another execution on Faces of Death in which a convicted murderer was gassed with cyanide. He lasted only as long as he could hold his breath. When he inhaled, it was game over. Period. But, I reckon they could argue that cyanide is a drug, too. Seems to me like a hangin could avoid all the drug controversy. Is that still legal in Oklahoma? If it's legal, we ought to go back to it. Anyway, it used to be a form of sacrifice and they could look at it that way; a sacrifice to Odin, the Hanging God.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, they're being executed with lethal injections, so probably the next thing they'll want is a medical doctor doing it. There was also another execution on Faces of Death in which a convicted murderer was gassed with cyanide. He lasted only as long as he could hold his breath. When he inhaled, it was game over. Period. But, I reckon they could argue that cyanide is a drug, too. Seems to me like a hangin could avoid all the drug controversy. Is that still legal in Oklahoma? If it's legal, we ought to go back to it. Anyway, it used to be a form of sacrifice and they could look at it that way; a sacrifice to Odin, the Hanging God.

As already been posted, Firing squad, Sparky, and drugs are the legal means of execution.

Pick your poison. They all result in death.

In my opinion, it would be by slow death in the case of the guy from Ponca that buried the girl alive after shooting her twice while she screamed for mercy.

Latest posts

Top Bottom