Once Were Eagles

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spamby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Finally found the mini series I was looking for. Its called "Once Were Eagles". Stars Sam Elliott and takes place during WWI. Just like I remember from the '70's.

KillShot

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Sam Elliott is one hell of an actor, a true icon. As I've said to others, no one can replace actors like Sam Elliott, Clint Eastwood, Tom Selleck, etc. I define a great actor as one that when you're watching the movie, they take on the role to such an extent that it seems real. It's something that modern day stars such as Matt Damon and George Clooney just miss the mark on. That's my opinion, anyway.

Thanks for sharing. I'll have to see the series you speak of.

dcoop46

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sam Elliott is one hell of an actor, a true icon. As I've said to others, no one can replace actors like Sam Elliott, Clint Eastwood, Tom Selleck, etc. I define a great actor as one that when you're watching the movie, they take on the role to such an extent that it seems real. It's something that modern day stars such as Matt Damon and George Clooney just miss the mark on. That's my opinion, anyway.

Thanks for sharing. I'll have to see the series you speak of.

Well said.

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The mini-series you reference is based on a novel called Once an Eagle and is written by Anton Myer.

The Book is way, way better than the movie and covers the hero's life from the time he was just an illiterate farm boy before WWI until he served in Vietnam as a General.

One of the best military novels I ever read. Makes Clancy and his ilk seem like rank amateurs in comparison.

I highly recommend the novel. You won't be disappointed.

Latest posts

Top Bottom