Only One

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RezRunner

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Guys I don't want to start a pissing contest, but I have a simple question. If you could only own one rifle with a cost point under $1000. What would you choose.??

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Heavy short barrel stupid accurate .223.
I have many caliber rifles and I shoot and hunt with my heavy 18" barrel savage .223 the most because it is just stupid accurate.

But I will say if I had another caliber that could match it I would choose that.
I am not a name or caliber snob I just want the most accurate.

Before someone states you can't hunt elk with it.
Yea probably not but I can with a bow and arrow or a muzzleloader.
But the smoke pole may be included in the only 1 rifle category.

So there is that.

I never plan on hunting anything larger than the Oklahoma whitetail.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
AR-10 in 308. As much as I dislike the AR platform, if I could only have one rifle under $1000 I think that might be the best solution. I would rather have an AK in 308 Win but the good ones I have seen are expensive and the mags are very pricey. If I could find an Enfield MK 4 in 308 win built of modern steel that would be even better but that is a dream rifle for me.

Cat City Slim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Vintage Remington, or maybe a Tikka, bolt action chambered in 243 Win. It would handle everything from long range varminting to, with the right bullets, black bear. Really the only North American game out of its capacity would be brown and polar bear. A bolt action isn’t ideal for home defense, but the terms of the question would allow me to have handguns and shotguns for that.

Latest posts

Top Bottom