Open carry?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For all the people that are against open carry, Do they not realize it wasnt realy that long ago that you could legaly do that in Oklahoma? Before the ccw it was still legal. So this isnt that old of an issue. It is mearly correcting what shouldnt have happened a while back.

Im all for it, but probably wouldnt do it on a daily basis

No, it wasn't.

But I hold a similar stance...I'm not against the legislation, but don't think it's an option I'll personally use very much, if at all.

taymoor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No, it wasn't.

But I hold a similar stance...I'm not against the legislation, but don't think it's an option I'll personally use very much, if at all.

I whole-heartedly agree with you. I might not OC often, but I want it to be an option. However, when the bill came up for a revote in the house last year, those opposed to OC used this exact sentiment to strengthen their argument. something to the effect of "most gun owners won't even want to open carry, so why should we change the law as it stands?" That statement is a double-edged sword.:crying:

cowmugger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It is like a group that has just got a certain military policy reversed. We have to take small steps to get firearms mainstreamed again. I will open carry whenever possible, and be one of those "nice couples"..."not that there is anything wrong with that" (Seinfeld)

abajaj11

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Open Carry is in Trouble. Below is a mail sent out today by the Oklahoma 2A Assoc, reproduced for informational purposes.

Rep. Sue Tibbs, chairman of the House Public Safety Committee, and Sen. Don Barrington, chairman of the Senate Public Safety Committee, have both decided to deny a hearing for Open Carry in Oklahoma. It looks like this session will be more of the same. That is unacceptable.

This week, OK2A and other conservative groups will be working to force leadership to listen to the people and stop holding up good Second Amendment legislation. But we need you to make phone calls and send emails to Rep. Tibbs and Speaker Steele and to Senator Barrington and the Senate President Pro Tempore Bingman. Please tell them that Oklahoma needs to be an Open Carry state.

Even liberal states like California, Massachusetts, and Washington have open carry laws. There is no excuse for Oklahoma to not be an Open Carry state, yet we are one of only seven states to infringe upon this Constitutionally protected right. Perhaps our elected officials need to be reminded that the Second Amendment to the US Constitution says, “…The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.” The Second Amendment restriction against government infringement of the people’s right applies to all levels of government, including our state legislature. Please call or email the people listed below and tell them to make Oklahoma an Open Carry state. Also, please forward this email to anyone you know who is a supporter of the Second Amendment and ask them to do the same.

Speaker Steele: (405) 557-7345 or [email protected]

Representative Tibbs: (405) 557-7379 or [email protected]

Your Representative: the House Switchboard number is (405) 521-2711 or (800) 522-8502 – if you are unsure who your Representative is you can find out at www.lsb.state.ok.us. If you know who your Representative is and want to find his or her direct line or email address, you may find it at this link, as well.

Senate President Pro Tempore Bingman: (405) 521-5528 or [email protected]

Senator Barrington: (405) 521-5563 or [email protected]

Your Senator: the Senate Switchboard number is (405) 524-0126 – if you are unsure who your Senator is you can find out at www.lsb.state.ok.us. If you know who your Senator is and want to find his or her direct line or email address, you may find it at this link, as well.

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good idea that I'll leave to others with more diplomatic skills than mine.

Any e'mail I sent would go something like this:

You arrogant SOB's. Who the hell do you think you are? Why is it that you think citizens in other states with open carry are more qualified, trustworthy and law abiding than OK citizens. That has to be what you believe you elitist swine. Why else would you prevent the citizens of this state from exercising what is not only a god given right but one set down plain and clear in the 2nd amendment to the constitution. You know - that document you swore to uphold and defend. But then what else could one expect from you lying Sacks of *&&^%^$! You're politicians. You lie with a straight face every time you open your mouths. Expecting you to keep a sacred oath you took is way beyond a reasonable expectation.

See what I mean? I'd just make the problem worse.

Jack T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I saw recently that Charles Smith, executive director of the Oklahoma Rifle Association, said ORA members were "split on the issue of open carry."

Thanks a lot, buddy. Even if that were true, why in the world would you tell the press??? So much for a unified front.

Stingray

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Perhaps our elected officials need to be reminded that the Second Amendment to the US Constitution says, “…The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.”

Since when does anyone associated with this country's government give a damn about what it says in the constitution?

-S

Cedar Creek

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hope we get Open Carry in Oklahoma. I carry a gun quite a bit and I'm just not a fan of pocket pistols - my main carry pistols are a hi-cap 9mm or a S&W 4" K-frame. Around the area where I live (rural SW Oklahoma) I like to carry a center-fire lever rifle a lot of the time. Would a rifle or shotgun be OK if we have an Open Carry law? (real question; not trying to be a jackwagon).

:gun2:

Cedar Creek

Latest posts

Top Bottom