Open Carry

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mos Eisley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Curious what you all think about open carry? You do have it there now, right?

I'm sure you guys have had this discussion before but I was at Quick Trip here in KC this past weekend and saw my first open carrying...I want to say douche bag. Sorry if that offends, but this guy was a DB. Personally, I don't want anyone to know I'm carrying. What say you?

EhlerDave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Was he a DB because he was openly carrying? Or was he just a DB? If you are worried about open carry why should how I carry matter at all?

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Agreed. I'd like you to explain how you ascertained his douchebaggery. Did he wave his gun around in a threatening manner? Did he come up and berate you because you weren't open carrying? Did he question your manhood?

I've open carried a couple of times and I don't consider myself a douche bag. I'd just like to know what this person was doing to be considered a douche bag in order to make sure I'm never labeled as one myself.

Mos Eisley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Jeebus! I just said above he was just a DB. I came to that conclusion before I ever saw what was on his hip. After re-reading what I originally wrote I can see how you took it that way. I apologize for being a bad writer. I'd change it but then no one would get all the comments made after. I am in no way offended or worried about open carry. I'm all for it. I'm just saying I wouldn't personally do it.

I just want to know what y'all think since it's been introduced down there. Do you? Don't you? And why? That's it.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Once again the cries from our DB legislators who were in opposition about shootouts at the OK corral and blood running in the streets did not come to pass. I have had one place that asked me to cover it up, no other problems. I used to carry openly quite a bit, but not so much anymore. It's a non-issue for me, personally.

Except, there have been some people here on this forum that have basically stated that if you OC you have a small peener, you are only trying to draw attention and be a big man, are going out looking for trouble, looking for a confrontation, trying to shove it in peoples' faces, etc. I just roll my eyes. For me, it's about comfort... carrying IWB is a PITA unless I'm carrying something like my PPS or Shield. I prefer to be able to carry something larger that I am comfortable with. Just a personal preference. I'm all for anyone carrying however they like, but I don't go in for bashing people or making assumptions about people who carry differently than I do* - we're all supposed to be on the same side here.

Doing so should be in a respectful and conscientious manner - not like showing up at a family restaurant OCing a couple of military-style rifles. lol

Latest posts

Top Bottom