Open Carry

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
To each his own. I prefer concealed because I don't want to be a target (like surjimmy said), for one thing. OC does make some folks uncomfortable when they see it. I'm not trying to make anyone uncomfortable. I just want to protect myself and my loved ones. OC IS more comfortable, but about the only time I OC is during deer season. Then, I commonly have a .45 Colt on my hip as a secondary firearm. I have yet to find an IWB holster and position that I feel is truly comfortable.

120 Acres

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I occasionally do, but most times not. Mostly when I am working on the land and have to run to the local store to get fuel or a 12 pack. Most times its behind a shirt and you cant really see it anyway. I have yet to walk through Wally World open on my hip. I see no reason to do this.

Toney

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It took me around a year but I moved to owb just covered up with a shirt tail.

But if I have camo on I'll probably be carrying something in plain view.

AKJ20

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I do both, but it depends on my dress and location.

I been open carry, over 15 years in other states. ( AZ / AK ) Open carry is no big deal, in those states, people have accepted it!

I wished more people opened carry............

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What has been interesting to me is that here in Colorado, open carry is legal without a permit just about everywhere but Denver County and the city of Denver. In the time we've been up here since July of 2014, I've maybe seen a total of 5 individuals carrying openly. (Concealed carry here does require a permit.)

We are fixing to move to Oregon for at least a year, maybe longer, and when I was warned about being around the hipsters, I checked Oregon out as well. It appears that they also allow open carry without a permit.

While I had a permit when living in Oklahoma, I didn't apply for one here in Colorado. Oregon has a cheaper permit, so I might apply for one there. I would also prefer to carry concealed, for the same reason as a couple of others stated. If anyone is going to be surprised, I want it to be the bad guy.

Latest posts

Top Bottom