Open Cary...would it be wrong to legislate some comon sense?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crrcboatz

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
so what is one trying to "show"? I prefer keeping mine out of sight as you later suggested.

I have to agree with lurker.

When i open carry its more for show than anything. The weapon you should be worried about is the one I have my hand on in my pocket.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have to agree with lurker.

When i open carry its more for show than anything. The weapon you should be worried about is the one I have my hand on in my pocket.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

I used to keep my hand on my tool/weapon a lot when I was younger too! LOL!!

But seriously, no more rules!!!

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes it would be wrong. If i wanna pocket carry or just tuck my gun in my waistband or belt, I don't see a problem with that.

Just leave me alone, I'm a big boy and can decide how, when or what I carry. Firearm retention is not for the Govt to decide.
^ This. There is no freedom if you don't have the freedom to make a mistake. If you carry in such a way that someone can take your ol' pistole and shoot you with it, well, sometimes you have to take the consequences of a bad decision, but that doesn't mean that you shouldn't be allowed to make the decision.

hairtrigger44

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I don't think it is infringing on any ones rights to require everyone to keep proper control of their weapon. I saw and had a conversation today with a guy carrying a 1911, condition 1. His holster was home made and basically an open ended bucket. He was carrying the firearm behind his hip, pretty much on his back. Any 5 year old could have disarmed this guy before he knew hat was happening. Some sort of retention should be required on open carry rigs.

Good point. I think he was pretty irresponsible, but one problem with guns and politics is if us gun people give an inch to the other side they push for a mile. It is almost a no win situation for us.

spamby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I carry oc just like Mel Gibson in Lethal Weapon. Loosy in the middle of my back and let my belt hold it. I also shoot as I roll on the ground and don't worry about whats behind what I'm shooting at.

(Sarcasm intended)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom