Orthopedic Surgeons

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am almost one week out of shoulder arthroplasty (total shoulder replacement). It was done at OKC Veterans Hospital, I was held overnight and released the next afternoon. I searched OKC Ortho Surgeons and very few do many shoulder replacements. Dr Betsey Nolan operated on mine and she has done over 500 replacements. She knows what she is doing, has traveled various places throughout the world teaching other doctors. Pain was minimal and I don't need any pain medication at this point. And they aren't going to send me a bill! The nurses were excellent and did everything they could do to make me comfortable. However, the food that the kitchen prepared was not good and on a scale of 1-10, I'd give them a 1. Another patient in my room would not eat the food and only drank the milk. They do make good milk in a carton! Can you imagine an egg casserole scoop for a meal? Yech! I'm glad to be home and if you absolutely have to go as an inpatient to OKCVAMC, have a good friend bring food for you. That is basically the down side to my surgery. I know food, it is my hobby and I have been eating food since a toddler and I know bad food!

pb2624

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dr. Bond in Norman did my shoulder on a Thursday and I was 100% full motion and out of the sling by Monday noon. Have no qualms giving him a recommendation.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am almost one week out of shoulder arthroplasty (total shoulder replacement). It was done at OKC Veterans Hospital, I was held overnight and released the next afternoon. I searched OKC Ortho Surgeons and very few do many shoulder replacements. Dr Betsey Nolan operated on mine and she has done over 500 replacements. She knows what she is doing, has traveled various places throughout the world teaching other doctors. Pain was minimal and I don't need any pain medication at this point. And they aren't going to send me a bill! The nurses were excellent and did everything they could do to make me comfortable. However, the food that the kitchen prepared was not good and on a scale of 1-10, I'd give them a 1. Another patient in my room would not eat the food and only drank the milk. They do make good milk in a carton! Can you imagine an egg casserole scoop for a meal? Yech! I'm glad to be home and if you absolutely have to go as an inpatient to OKCVAMC, have a good friend bring food for you. That is basically the down side to my surgery. I know food, it is my hobby and I have been eating food since a toddler and I know bad food!

Glad to hear they have a good orthopedic surgeon at the VA. The food in the cafeteria is actually not bad for hospital food. Must be a different department that does patient food.

TJay74

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dr Calvin Johnson did my knee. He is my BIL's father so even though he is in the family he still did an excellent job in making sure my knee was stronger than my other bone stock knee.

Latest posts

Top Bottom