OSA Chit Chat Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm anxious to take it back out and shoot it a bit to make sure that cleaning it didn't 'upset' it. Many times a lot old stuff is held together by the dirt and grime they have accumulated.

Got to take it out yesterday. Shot like a new gun with no hiccups as fast as I could pull the trigger. Started on the next 50 years of dirt and grime

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Scene at Icy Strait Point in Alaska. The "separated" rock at the right used to be connected to the rock wall to its right with a tunnel. They tore out the top of the tunnel to allow taller traffic.

We stopped there on a cruise. We did the zip line which is the world’s largest. 6 zip lines that are 5330’ long with a 1330’ drop. It was quite the ride.

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good evening friends,
Well the day started off horrible. It was cold and wind howling But around noon it calmed down and warmed up here on Grand. It turned out to be a pretty nice day so my neighbor and I went down to the docks and caught a couple of limits of CrappIe.
Then I went up to my moms and tore out the soffit from around her front porch. She had hole in it and squirrels were making their home in her roof. Got it all tore out and replace with new wood and caulked. I will paint it for her next weekend.
Hope everyone had a great Friday.

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good morning friends,
Plan today is to replace both fog light assembly in our Honda Pilot. From all the highway driving we do on a weekly basis, both fog light glasses and bulbs were shattered. Got new ones in the mail yesterday. Then maybe some more fishing.

It’s our last full day of vacation. We head back to the city tomorrow afternoon to get ready for work.

Have a great day!☕☕☕

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Some time back, I posted a picture of some nuclear powered jet engines that were designed to go into special bombers. The engines in the picture were attached to a framework that allowed for testing. Some miles away, they had built a special hangar for the bomber, and this lead lined diesel-electric train engine was designed to transport the bomber in and out of that hangar. It ran on four rails.

Just for giggles, here is one of the nuclear engines.

All of these are at the EBR-1 site near Arco, ID where the first nuclear electrical generator was built and tested.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
20240417_200846.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom