OU President David Boren denounces idea of arming students

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SeanO

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The law does allow it. More precisely, the law allows a college or university to allow it if they so choose.

Can you cite the law? From what I recall public and private universities are off limits? I may have read an outdated statute, I would appreciate the update if there has been one.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Can you cite the law? From what I recall public and private universities are off limits? I may have read an outdated statute, I would appreciate the update if there has been one.

They are off-limits but the law allows the university president to authorize carry....

Title 21 - 1277

E. No person in possession of a valid handgun license issued pursuant to the provisions of the Oklahoma Self-Defense Act shall be authorized to carry the handgun into or upon any college, university, or technology center school property, except as provided in this subsection. For purposes of this subsection, the following property shall not be construed as prohibited for persons having a valid handgun license:

3. Any property authorized by the written consent of the college or university president or technology center school administrator, provided the written consent is carried with the handgun and the valid handgun license while on college, university, or technology center school property.

Nothing in the law says the written consent has to be individualized. Your college president could issue a blanket policy/permission for any licensed individuals to carry on school property...everyone could print the consent and carry it in their wallet. Done.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My dad has a habit of writing politicians, voicing his opinion, believing that it may make a difference. My dad is also meticulous when it comes to record-keeping. (he showed me the letters)
I do not recall the exact event that prompted Dad to write then-Senator Boren's office, but I do remember that Dad expessed his views about gun control.

Mr. Borens office replied to Dad, stating...thank you for your input, Senator Boren is also a gun supporter and believes in the right to bear arms, blah, blah , blah...

A week or so later, Dad received another letter, stating..thank you for your input, Senator Boren is also concerned about gun violence and will work to pass common sense legislation, blah, blah, blah.....

Obviously they had two standard responses, what a racket.
I don't believe for a second that this makes Boren any different than the rest of the sociopaths that are running the country.

jwv

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
David Boren couldn't lose an opportunity to spew his anti gun views, he probably got some of them from his close personal friend Micheal Bloomberg.

Latest posts

Top Bottom