OU vs. UTEP

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kroberts2131

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OU's playbook has to be the most unimaginative, non-creative, most boring piece of literature on the OU campus. I have never seen play calling this bad,...year after year after year. Nothing special, no imagination, no deceit, hardly any play action, nothing but a handfull of plays that were popular when Knute Rockne played. OU has some of extremely talented people and are afraid to use them. Stoops plays not to lose, instead of playing to win.!

I thought when Heupel took over things would change since he was a good QB with a Very high QB IQ. Nada,..!!

Like last night when they throw that quick pass to the left flats and get stuffed.! Next play,.."Playcaller: Hey,..lets run that same play to the other side,..I'm sure it will really fool them now.."

[Broken External Image]

Stoops is an average coach at best. He was lucky when he started at OU and had a plethora of good coaches who helped him think "outside the box". Leach, Mangino, Long etc...but now that they're gone,..we see he's nothing more than an average coach.

Special teams was a disaster last year, and it looks like nothing has been done to fix it.

OU stinks.! They'll be lucky to win 8 games.

Knee jerk much?

POKE1911

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
The osu game has no bearing, on this game. Bottom line. Utep is a terrible team, ou STRUGGLED. I'm not talking just on offense. If mike stoops mighty defense is allowing a Utep running back 177 yards, then I'll welcome him back to Norman with open arms. That being said, I think ou is better than they played last night. But to not be a bit worried after last nights game would be a mistake. Oh well you guys play Florida am next week. I think they play in savanna states conf.

kroberts2131

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's like a race between Stoops and Mack Brown to see who can self destruct with the most talent.

Nope,..just tired of watching talented athletes lose because of bad play calling.

Well those athletes have only lost 34 times since Bob came to Norman. He's definetely doing something wrong..........:thumb:

They stunk it up last night but calling stoops an average coach is not a well thought out statement

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Man, first game of the season, OU wins but......all our coaches suck..... apparently always have..... I guess we might aswell pack it up and cancel the season.

Some real intellecutal gems come out in these threads. :D

Honey Badger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
People are just talking BULL SHIZZLE. Wait till game 12 to determine what kind of season the Sooners are gonna have. Get off the coaches, get off the players, and enjoy the game. If you can do better I would to see it.

OH... I am a football coach and my team won Friday night. Cheers.

spamby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't know why you guys are getting so up set about OU and OSU and their first games of the season. I watched ESPN Sports Center U and they said that ALL of college football is not even in the same class with the S.E.C. So there you have it, there is no need to even play the rest of the games. ESPN has already chosen the National Champs and its going to be someone from the S.E.C. Enjoy.

tharper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't know why you guys are getting so up set about OU and OSU and their first games of the season. I watched ESPN Sports Center U and they said that ALL of college football is not even in the same class with the S.E.C. So there you have it, there is no need to even play the rest of the games. ESPN has already chosen the National Champs and its going to be someone from the S.E.C. Enjoy.

That's what you get for watching ESecPN :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom