Pain pills keep you up longer than normal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I just refuse to take pain meds. Never liked them. And for me, they do keep me awake and they make me itch. The opiate based pills do, anyway. Not to mention the other side effects.

If I take anything for pain it's almost always limited to Ibuprofen.
Exactly! I've had 4 knee surgeries since 11/19. Tried pain meds the first time. Made my face itch like crazy and kept me awake. No thanks. Ice packs and over the counter stuff to dull the pain. If you don't mind it doesn't matter.....most of the time.

Last edited:

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mine's always a crap shoot. Either I'm passing out in 30 minutes and freight trains couldn't wake me up, or I'm wide awake with cocaine eyes for the next 4-6 hours and needing something to occupy my hands and mind. Projects get started and finished on pain meds in this gear.

When I had my shattered wrist fixed the pain meds they gave me kept me asleep for 3-4 days. It was great. When I had my shoulder fixed I was wide awake for 5 days, same meds. It was awful.

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I hate pain pills. I took some percoset and they put me in some state between sleep and conscious with a black fog, dream-like sensation. It was miserable. I'm going to be in some serious pain before I pop any.

Latest posts

Top Bottom