pedestrian saving a parking space

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I used to park on the far side of the parking lot so I had a longer walk and I had less of a chance of someone dinging my car at the time. Now I have arthritis in my spine and just getting out of the car can be excruciating. If I saw someone standing in a parking place "saving it" and it was close to where I needed to go I'd probably just pull in and scoot him/her out of the way. If they said anything I'd just say "these are parking spots not standing spots, there are plenty of those even closer to the business". If there was a place closer I'd take that and just think to myself "what a tool, blocking a parking place from other cars who have more right to it since they are there". I understand it's just a parking place but it's first come, first serve...that's the natural order of parking etiquette. When you try to circumvent the natural order of things you open the parking lot to chaos and anarchy...flying lawnmowers, disappearing vases and weird kinds of sh*t, and nobody wants that.

It's like non-disabled people parking in the handicap spots, that just makes me irate. Along with the non-disabled people who are using a family members vehicle that has a plaque and they park in the handicap spot...oh, I just want to Tonya Harding them in the leg and then say "there ya' go, now you need the handicap space".

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sometimes when I drink a lot of coffee, my pee smells like Alpha-Bits cereal.

Does this happen to anyone else or do I need to get this checked out?

I bet you're handicapped. You should call the doc and get her to sign off on a placcard for you ... ;)

I'm trying to figure out what's so hard about just finding another parking space. For all you folks planning on bum-rushing them with your car, your gonna feel kinda stupid when you find out they were just holding the spot for their 90-year-old grandma to drive around the row to get into and they answered their phone when their girlfriend called. I guess you'd rather they shove Grammy out to stand on the hot asphalt in the sun?? :anyone:

Hoov

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
DO NOT get me started on the handicap placard abuse topic!! I was at my local today Crest where I saw a new Jeep SUV with the placard right up front. And a hose dragger plate on the back!

Latest posts

Top Bottom