Politically incorrect sheriff tells citizens to shoot to kill home invaders to 'save taxpayers money'

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NationalMatch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
AFlorida sheriff responded to the criticism and praise he has received for his viral comments about encouraging citizens to use the kill shot against home invaders.

During a press conference in April 2022, Santa Rosa County Sheriff Bob Johnson said, "If someone is breaking into your house, you're more than welcome to shoot. We prefer you to do that, actually." The comments have gone viral again in juxtaposition to a story in New York where a woman was arrested for trying to remove squatters from her property.

Johnson told Fox News Digital in an interview that he stands by his comments and that it's a "no-brainer."

"I said [at the press conference] if you shoot accurately, and you kill the guy, you save taxpayers money. And I also said that if somebody gets killed during a home invasion, the odds of them re-offending are zero. And we like those odds, which we do," he told Fox News Digital......

Since he made the remarks, he claims there has not been a single home invasion.

"And it's kind of ironic that, since that press conference, we haven't had any home invasions, and it's been over a year, so it's kind of odd," he said.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/polit...shoot-kill-home-invaders-save-taxpayers-money

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When they say, "You ain't gonna shoot me!" I'd reply, "Wanna bet your life on it?"
They won’t get the chance to speak in my home. They will already be dead. If someone breaks into my house, my alarm, and two pits will alarm me. I’m a light sleeper too. I’m not giving someone the chance to kill me first.

1Mudman

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oklahoma has pretty much the same "Make My Day" and "Stand Your Ground" laws as Florida. That is one of the reasons break in's are lower in OK than in many States that have strict gun laws but allow the criminals to just go nuts without arrest, charges or jail time. Im Old and just wont mess with them at my place. Its still my duty to protect my wife and myself.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Our Sheriff and the Chief of Police have said the same thing.

There have been break ins around town, but only when nobody is homes.

The "stand your ground" and "castle doctrine" have proven to have a positive effect.

1. Break ins are lowered
2. Repeat offenses are ZERO.

Waltercat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The one bad call on shooting in self defense was that Pharmacist that was found guilty of shooting an armed robber that was on the ground. The Pharmacist claimed he was still dangerous and trying to shoot
and therefore a threat. I know it's not a home but. Maybe I missed some of the facts but he seems to have
gotten the shaft. This was quite a few years ago.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The one bad call on shooting in self defense was that Pharmacist that was found guilty of shooting an armed robber that was on the ground. The Pharmacist claimed he was still dangerous and trying to shoot
and therefore a threat. I know it's not a home but. Maybe I missed some of the facts but he seems to have
gotten the shaft. This was quite a few years ago.

There was a huge discussion, contentious at times, on this forum about that incident. Some people thought he got a raw deal, but I’d say most shared the sentiment that he basically executed the kid. He dropped the kid with a head shot, and ran past him to chase the others out onto the street. Then he returned, stepped past the comatose kid, retrieved a second firearm from a drawer, went back to the kid, and shot him again. It was all caught on security video.

Latest posts

Top Bottom