Pentagon to extend Military Honors to drone operators?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frederick

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't mind giving them awards and such for good performance, but some medals(Bronze Star, etc) belong to those who face the enemy face to face.

Obviously i appreciate the good work the drone operators have been doing on these terrorist scum.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Meh. Who cares. As long as the awards don't rate higher than strictly combat awards like the Silver Star.

Contrary to popular belief, the Bronze Star is not necessarily a combat award unless it comes with a V device. Loads of REMFs get Bronze Stars so I have no beef with drone operators who actually perform above and beyond getting some form of recognition.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Meh. Who cares. As long as the awards don't rate higher than strictly combat awards like the Silver Star.

Contrary to popular belief, the Bronze Star is not necessarily a combat award unless it comes with a V device. Loads of REMFs get Bronze Stars so I have no beef with drone operators who actually perform above and beyond getting some form of recognition.

My issue is with non-military people who believe a Bronze Star actually means something. It doesn't. If your biggest physical threat is carpal tunnel, then you haven't been in combat. However, we should separate those who operate drones in theater, vs. those that do so from the comfort and safety of an air conditioned building in a non-combat zone.

Latest posts

Top Bottom