People of Connecticut

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In countries under arbitrary government, the people oppressed and dispirited neither possess arms nor know how to use them. Tyrants never feel secure until they have disarmed the people.”
Unknown author, from the Connecticut Courant, 1788

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nope. When the OSBI went through 4473's and sent letters to people who bought .40 cal glocks "asking" them to bring their pistols in for ballistic testing after those two girls were murdered, the threads about it disappeared quietly.

After that I became full on "reddog" tin foil and all, I just don't talk about it especially online.

Thats funny because they never contacted me. I owned a G22 around that time.

SeanO

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
CT has required AW registration since 1994. They did a second registration in 2004(?). Confiscation still hasn't happened.

As much as I despise the gun laws that went into effect, these letters are not confiscation per se. The state is not going to go confiscating legally registered AWs and LCMs. They are going to confiscate now illegally owned and unregistered AWs and LCMs. Very similar to confiscating firearms from felons(which I don't agree with). If you registered and followed the law your guns are safe if you broke the law the aren't safe. This is definitely being blown out of proportion.

To add, anyone that says CT residents took this laying down is an idiot. You obviously have no idea the fighting that CT residents went through. The new laws were bound to happen. The legislature tried to ram through laws after Sandy Hook and gun owners stood up. The legislature did not have the votes to push the laws through in a normal or legal fashion. They therefore decided to call an emergency certification and shove this crap down the throats of CT residents with no public hearing and behind closed doors.

"I'd just move away" - I did, I moved to ME, then to OK...to my surprise OK is far more restrictive than ME.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
CT has required AW registration since 1994. They did a second registration in 2004(?). Confiscation still hasn't happened.

As much as I despise the gun laws that went into effect, these letters are not confiscation per se. The state is not going to go confiscating legally registered AWs and LCMs. They are going to confiscate now illegally owned and unregistered AWs and LCMs. Very similar to confiscating firearms from felons(which I don't agree with). If you registered and followed the law your guns are safe if you broke the law the aren't safe. This is definitely being blown out of proportion.

To add, anyone that says CT residents took this laying down is an idiot. You obviously have no idea the fighting that CT residents went through. The new laws were bound to happen. The legislature tried to ram through laws after Sandy Hook and gun owners stood up. The legislature did not have the votes to push the laws through in a normal or legal fashion. They therefore decided to call an emergency certification and shove this crap down the throats of CT residents with no public hearing and behind closed doors.

"I'd just move away" - I did, I moved to ME, then to OK...to my surprise OK is far more restrictive than ME.

There are laws... and there are control measures.

SeanO

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There are laws... and there are control measures.

All laws are control measures.

My point is CT isnt going around confiscating everyone's guns nor do they plan to(at this time). They are confiscating guns that are illegally owned. As dumb and stupid as the laws are they are still the law for the time being. If you followed the law and registered your AWs and LCMs your guns are safe.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
All laws are control measures.

My point is CT isnt going around confiscating everyone's guns nor do they plan to(at this time). They are confiscating guns that are illegally owned. As dumb and stupid as the laws are they are still the law for the time being. If you followed the law and registered your AWs and LCMs your guns are safe.

<sigh>

Yeah... you're right. If they're not registered in that state, they're illegal. And now there are upwards of 100,000 new felons in the state they can punish, incarcerate, collect fines from and whose privacy they can invade. People who just a few days before were law-abiding citizens who simply believed in and exercised the rights ennumerated by the Constitution and the Bill of Rights. But some knee-jerk anti-Constitution legislators somehow managed to turn them all into criminals.

Good job CT. You are well on your way... you as citizens are getting the utopia you wanted.

This is something that can't be undone... all those sheeple who registered (or tried) are now on a list, and that list will never go away, even if the law is repealed after the next election cycle.

Good job, CT.

Latest posts

Top Bottom