People of Connecticut

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SeanO

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If it's an unconstitutional law, it's invalid.

Agreed, but try to explain that to a judge and see where it gets you.

Do I understand that registration leads to confiscation? Yes.

Do I understand that thousands of previously law abiding gun owners are now felons due to the state? Yes, due to their own neglect.

I also understand that currently they are only confiscating now ILLEGAL(previously legal) firearms.

I also understand that the gun owners of CT had 5 months to register. And that if they waited until the last minute, like many did just to cause a last minute paperwork pile up for the SLFU that is their own fault. If your registration was postmarked by 12/31 you were accepted regardless of the day it was received. If you did not register due to being uninformed that is their own fault for not being responsible and keeping up with the news. If they said "ehhhh they aren't coming for my hunting rifles and shotguns" and didn't fight it's their own fault. There are many pissed of FUDDs that now realize they need an ammo permit to purchase ammo, but because they chose to not care they are now screwed until the get an ammo, pistol or rifle permit.

Another thing that needs to be understood is that the only people the state can truly confiscate from CURRENTLY is those that sent in their registration late. Prior to 4/4/13 long guns could be bought and sold privately with no paperwork. Therefore 4473s/DPS3Cs are worthless. The state has many rifles that I purchased through FFLs that are now AWs still "registered" under my name. The new owners of those rifles have no paper trail leading to them therefore the state is oblivious to their ownership.

Therefore, once again, the only people in danger o confiscation at THIS MOMENT are those that sen in registration late. And once again CT has had registration for AWs since 1994, they have yet to confiscate any legally owned AWs.

FamousAJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
All this sounds legit.

IMG_591008236856586.jpg

subprep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Agreed, but try to explain that to a judge and see where it gets you.

Do I understand that registration leads to confiscation? Yes.

Do I understand that thousands of previously law abiding gun owners are now felons due to the state? Yes, due to their own neglect.

I also understand that currently they are only confiscating now ILLEGAL(previously legal) firearms.

I also understand that the gun owners of CT had 5 months to register. And that if they waited until the last minute, like many did just to cause a last minute paperwork pile up for the SLFU that is their own fault. If your registration was postmarked by 12/31 you were accepted regardless of the day it was received. If you did not register due to being uninformed that is their own fault for not being responsible and keeping up with the news. If they said "ehhhh they aren't coming for my hunting rifles and shotguns" and didn't fight it's their own fault. There are many pissed of FUDDs that now realize they need an ammo permit to purchase ammo, but because they chose to not care they are now screwed until the get an ammo, pistol or rifle permit.

Another thing that needs to be understood is that the only people the state can truly confiscate from CURRENTLY is those that sent in their registration late. Prior to 4/4/13 long guns could be bought and sold privately with no paperwork. Therefore 4473s/DPS3Cs are worthless. The state has many rifles that I purchased through FFLs that are now AWs still "registered" under my name. The new owners of those rifles have no paper trail leading to them therefore the state is oblivious to their ownership.

Therefore, once again, the only people in danger o confiscation at THIS MOMENT are those that sen in registration late. And once again CT has had registration for AWs since 1994, they have yet to confiscate any legally owned AWs.

I think the reason everyone is telling you that you don't get it, is because you don't get it. REGISTRATION should never have happened, NO one in CT should have Registered their firearms when they were told to do so.
Oh and you misspelled Ya'll in your attempt to speak down to us poor dumb okies who just don't understand that the real problem is that those folks were just trying to stick it to the man by turning in their registrations later than they were ordered to. :rolleyes2

SeanO

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think the reason everyone is telling you that you don't get it, is because you don't get it. REGISTRATION should never have happened, NO one in CT should have Registered their firearms when they were told to do so.
Oh and you misspelled Ya'll in your attempt to speak down to us poor dumb okies who just don't understand that the real problem is that those folks were just trying to stick it to the man by turning in their registrations later than they were ordered to. :rolleyes2

Actually yawl is how I spell ya'll/y'all :P

I get that registration shouldn't have happened. I also get that it will inevitable be the route to complete confiscation.

It's also easy to Monday morning QB and say you wouldn't have registered. However saying thy shouldnt have registered is easy when youre not the one that coul become a felon overnight for not registering. Many in CT said the same thing and ended up registering because well... they decided theyd rather register then be caught with an unregistered AW and lose their gun rights all together. Many moved out of state and many moved their guns out of state.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Jury trial can't nullify statute.

Whole thing is a bloomin' shitebucket. Screw CT, screw NY and screw Cali. Yeah, I'd move, and I'd keep movin' till there was nowhere else to move.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Jury trial can't nullify statute.

Yes, it can. Happens all the time. In a jury trial, the law is on trial just as much as the defendant, which is exactly what the founders intended.

Can an attorney inform you of your right to nullify a law as a juror? No, because that is against the attorney's oath to uphold the law.

If you're ever a juror, be informed. There's even been cases that were ultimately dropped because the state could not assemble a jury from the pool (jury pool mutiny).

Was that a serious question?

Yes.

Latest posts

Top Bottom