Post your good or bad experiences with online retailers.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

piston10

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Cheaper than dirt had my money, and an order for a gun two days before the Newtown shooting. The gun was in stock. The day after the shooting, they sent me an email saying the gun was not available and would refund my money.
A week later they had that gun for $400 more than it was before Newtown. The way they jack their prices up and down with every event like that puts them on my "do not buy from" list.

Make ready pro sports gets a lot of my money. He will deliver to a match or ship. His shipping is fast. Located in OKC.

http://www.makereadyproshop.com/

This. Make ready pro is good to go.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Im all over the place ordering stuff. Amazon is great for all kinds of stuff. I get new and used books from Bookbyte. Newegg for gadgets. Musicians Friend, Music 123. Auto Parts Warehouse, CarID, Airraid, etc. ZigZag for my favorite canvas slipon 'wino' shoes. Shopping at Walmart sucks yaa but their online shopping for me is convenient and has been pretty decent especially with drop shipping wherever I want (I buy stuff for my daughter in Hawaii online at WM and all she has to do is go to her WM near her and pick it up via ship-to-store), free shipping over a certain amount, free ship-to-store, and their online catalog contains tons of merchandise that they dont stock in the stores. And then there is EBay- I buy and sell there weekly and I have for the most part had great experiences, maybe 2 or 3 slow deals and only one really bad deal in more than 15 years.
Shipping in my experiences is mostly hit but a few misses whether its UPS, USPS, etc. I get stuff shipped in regularly for my shop (parts that I will use on a build and then turn around and ship out to my customers myself). In many years of having guitar amps with vacuum tubes shipped to me or me shipping them to collectors, shops, or EBay deals Ive only had one that showed up damaged and it was at my place, UPS settled on that really quick too.

Last edited:

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good timing for this post...

I ordered a couple of 100 round boxes of CCI Mini Mags from Goose Island Sales this morning. When I was checking out it had a shipment calculator. If I had it shipped to my residence the shipping was over $4 more that if I ship it to work. I chose to have the box shipped to work to save the extra on shipping... only to find out that they are located here in TULSA. They ended up charging me $16.09 for shipping from one address in Tulsa to another. They were quick with a response back about the sales tax but there was no mention of the over charge on the shipping... or my question, could I come pick up the ammo.

In my opinion, their shipping is OUT OF LINE, their customer service seemed overly arrogant and their online order process is misleading as hell. Won't ever buy another round from them even if they have the last one in existence. If you order from the Goose Gang here in Tulsa be prepared to bend over for the shipping.

What did you expect from these guys? They buy up all the Wal Mart inventory and mark up like crazy, of course they are going to rape you on shipping as well.

willystruck

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've ordered various hot rod parts from Speedway over the last year. They are setting on my porch in N.E. Ok the next afternoon, CONSISTENTLY!
Quality has always been Very good and customer service is exceptional.

Waltherfan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A few years back I had an RCBS part break. I think it was something with a primer seater but not real sure what part anymore. Anyway, I called their customer service, got an English speaking human being immediately and she had the part on the way before I could finish with my lengthily explanation of how I managed to break it. No charge. Happy to be one of their customers.

chr_edw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I never have any luck with optics planet either. I think out of the last 4 times I ordered something 3 were out of stock and had to wait days for a refund. In this day and age they should be able to show their actual availability before you place an order.

Botac wasn't that great in the past but have seemed good lately. I think now when something is out of stock it says so when you order.

Now for some of the good ones.

SGA Ammo is always awesome and quick with great prices.

Amazon is stupid fast with prime shipping and good customer service if you ever have an issue.

Midway USA is good but I haven't bought from them in quite a while.

Primary arms is quick and reliable

Rainer arms also quick and reliable

COZICAN

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I can always come up with $35 on Amazon to get free shipping. We really do bypass Walmart for the most part and get stuff delivered to our door in 3-5 days. We keep a running cart.

Latest posts

Top Bottom