propane smoker

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
after using a conventional smoker and not being able to keep the temps up like i needed, i got rid of it last year during spring cleaning. so, my wife and kids got me the masterbuilt propane smoker for fathers day. it is really easy to use and has made me look like i know what i'm doing every time! i get about 5 eight hour smokes out of a bottle of propane.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Second the Big Green Egg. I have had one for three years best investment I have ever made.

If that is the best investment, at least you will be able to eat good when you retire. (just funning you)
Like the OP I am trying to decide what smoker to get. The ease of the set the temp and forget it models appeal to me.

VIKING

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I guess it all depends on the individual. I have a small acreage with lots of pecan trees. I enjoy setting on the patio and burning wood and just enjoy being outside. I still use the same old wood smoker I built around 20 years ago and enjoy the task of keeping the fire going almost as much as the finish product, but if I were to buy a more modern smoker then it would have to be electric.

gullzway

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The ease of the set the temp and forget it models appeal to me.

For true set and forget temperature control, invest in a stoker.
www.auberins.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=14_27&products_id=187

Finally bought one for my BGE last year, I can literally set the smoker up for a long cook, set the temperature on the controller, and come back 18+ hours later and it's at the same temp and food is delish.
They make models for most smokers, and are a lot cheaper than comparable brands.

Latest posts

Top Bottom