Public Land Bucks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

packrat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
DownDeep - I want to follow you around and find your spots. I would be proud to take any of those.

Below are the pictures of the bucks that I have taken on Public Hunting and US Army Corps of Engineers that is open for public hunting. All these pictures are since 2006. Some were taken by camera, others by cell phone.
2006 Ft. Gibson PHA
[Broken External Image]
2006 Eufaula Corp Land
[Broken External Image]
2007 Ft. Gibson PHA
[Broken External Image]
2007 Eufaula Corp Land
[Broken External Image]
2008 Ft. Gibson PHA
[Broken External Image]
2008 Eufaula Corp Land
[Broken External Image]
2009 Eufaula Corp Land
[Broken External Image]
2009 Eufaula Corp Land
[Broken External Image]
2010 Eufaula Corp Land
[Broken External Image]
This picture below is of one of my friends. He was hunting in one of my fixed stands in 2009 on Eufaula Corp Land. This is his first ever bow kill. He WILL NOT be hunting out of anymore of my stand sites! Lucky B@stard!
[Broken External Image]
These deer may not be considered "Monsters" by some hunters standards, but I'm very proud of the success that I have had considering where I am hunting.

2tothechest

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
ai239.photobucket.com_albums_ff216_2tothechest_006.jpg

From rifle season in 1998 at Kaw Lake WMA. Crappy cell phone pic.

DownDeep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
DownDeep - I want to follow you around and find your spots. I would be proud to take any of those.

Anyone can be successful hunting private land! It just takes time and alot of patience. Try to find the " Hard to get too...away from the access roads" places and start scouting. Get a good GPS and take lots of notes. It will pay off eventually!

DownDeep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anyone can be successful hunting private land!
I just now caught this. I meant to say PUBLIC land. Sorry!

OMG Downdeep... I would happily shoot any of those. I think you should be doing tours to teach people how to set up...
Thanks! It takes alot of hard work, time, and patience to be successful on public land every year. My advise: Get as far away from the other hunters and roads as you can. Find the natural funnels and travel corridors. And lastly.... Scout as much as you can year around. It's a lot of work!

I might as well add my latest buck to this thread. I got this 8 pointer on Nov. 27th on some Corp. Land at Eufaula Lake. The buck dressed out at 170lbs. and it was an easy 38 yard shot. It's now time for me to start stacking up the does.
[Broken External Image]

Latest posts

Top Bottom