Question about shooting on my property

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thomas1100

New to the site!
Reaction score
I recently moved to Newalla and I’m on a private road, on 5 acres, neighbors a good distance away from where I live, I can hear gun shots anytime through the day, but somehow in city limits.

Is there a way to bypass this no shooting in city limits law?

scott024

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you are zoned agricultural, which you probably are since you aren't in a subdivision, as long as the bullets don't leave your property, there isn't too much anyone can say. That's how it is in Norman city limits. If Newalla has a website, you may see if they have city ordinances posted online just to make sure. I will say that I have had the police show up when not shooting suppressed. They politely say there isn't anything they can do, but they would like for me to not shoot since there have been noise complaints.

Thomas1100

New to the site!
Reaction score
If you are zoned agricultural, which you probably are since you aren't in a subdivision, as long as the bullets don't leave your property, there isn't too much anyone can say. That's how it is in Norman city limits. If Newalla has a website, you may see if they have city ordinances posted online just to make sure. I will say that I have had the police show up when not shooting suppressed. They politely say there isn't anything they can do, but they would like for me to not shoot since there have been noise complaints.
Doing a little research. I’m in an agricultural zone.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
How do you get around it? Don’t get caught.
Hulk Hogan Freedom GIF

leo78lion

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have family near Stella's grocery. They are able to shoot on their property but the police do come out every so often when people complain. The officer makes a point of letting them know they are doing nothing wrong. They are just making sure all is ok. I heard more gun shots when I lived near 41st and 145th in Tulsa than I ever hear when I lived in the country.

Thomas1100

New to the site!
Reaction score
I have family near Stella's grocery. They are able to shoot on their property but the police do come out every so often when people complain. The officer makes a point of letting them know they are doing nothing wrong. They are just making sure all is ok. I heard more gun shots when I lived near 41st and 145th in Tulsa than I ever hear when I lived in the country.
I do live near Stella’s. I called around and the deputy said. I’m in city limits but not city ordinance so it’s a weird one and that no one at his department ever came out here. But he thinks as long as I’m safe about it and I’m fully responsible for the ammo leaving my firearm I should be fine and gave me another police department number to make extra sure.

Latest posts

Top Bottom