quick point of order...courtesy on the road

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RaysZ71

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree completely, specially when you can tell that they are doing it on purpose. Once I just had enough and just passed them on the left shoulder, while my tires were flinging sand, rocks, and whatever other debris was there. They moved after that. Was that the right move to make? probably not but it wasn't funny to them anymore.

RaysZ71

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've given up on my fellow driver. Seems every woman and an increasingly large percentage of dudes think the rearview is only useful for applying mascara.

Yes, I am the guy who just passed you in the right lane; that whistling sound is called a turbocharger.

Oh, and in before some self-appointed speed Nazi talks about me putting his life at risk because he is going the speed limit, and I should be too, and he has been driving for three and a half centuries, and blah blah blah, when in truth, if he would pull his head out of his butt and move over, I would be only a fading memory.

And no, I don't drive like some Fast and Furious wanker. Actually, I go pretty close to the speed limit.

:lmfao: I totally agree.

RaysZ71

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This. I feel much more comfortable on the 5 than I do any highway in OKC or TUL. At least when the traffic there comes to a stop on the highway, everyone is in fact paying attention and slows down gradually and consistently from 85 down to zero. It's not people locking them up and swerving into the shoulder like I saw DAILY on 35 from Moore to OKC for the years I made that commute.

Complettly agree,. Im from Cali so I know. One of these Okies hugging the left lane would get ran over in Cali, 50 middle fingers and maybe their ass kicked on the side of the road too.

Fatboy Joe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I drive in the left lane 95% of the time...I am usually the one doing the passing but occassionaly on the turnpike I will get passed. On the turnpike the left lane is definitely smoother in pretty much every place. If I see a car coming up on me, I will usually get over or speed up to pass the car in the right lane and then get over.....However, if you start flashing your lights, tailgating or any other nonsense, I will speed match for what every is left of the 86 mile drive.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I drive in the left lane 95% of the time...I am usually the one doing the passing but occassionaly on the turnpike I will get passed. On the turnpike the left lane is definitely smoother in pretty much every place. If I see a car coming up on me, I will usually get over or speed up to pass the car in the right lane and then get over.....However, if you start flashing your lights, tailgating or any other nonsense, I will speed match for what every is left of the 86 mile drive.

So you pretty much feel that if you impede someone else's orderly travel and they make you aware of that, it's ok to violate the law for an extended period? Yep, douchey move right there. :(

C

cpolesen

driving tip#69 If you have your cruise set while passing someone and they match speed. You can mash the accelerator and when you have successfully completed the pass the vehicle will return to the set cruise speed. No need to shut it off or reset speed, just gas and go.

Zaphod Beeblebrox

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Methinks a couple self appointed speed Nazis have appeared....

Quick lesson:
If someone is behind you flashing their brights, it means move over, please. Not screw you, not you suck, not I'm sporting more in my package than you.

If there is a quarter mile of cars lined up in front of you and the person behind you is flashing their brights, they are clueless. If there is nobody of front of you, you are clueless.

Latest posts

Top Bottom