Racism at OU

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soonerwings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ya know, for me anyway, it ain't about free speech or racism or being young or OU. It's just another embarrassing incident to our State.

It happened at our University. We should own it. How we handle it could go a long ways in how Okies are veiwed.

I have zero sympathy or empathy for any of these guys. If they get booted, too effing bad. I say good riddance.

That's kinda harsh. What if you were booted from a Wal-Mart for voicing your opinions of them? Oh wait....

cheese79

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think it is stupid what they did. I was always told that yes you are free to say what you want but there is almost always consequences to what you say. So if you cant deal with it keep your mouth shut, but that is just how i was raised.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I love the armchair attorneys thinking Boren is setting OU up for lawsuits. I trust he is under better advisement than we are.

Also,I seriously doubt either of those mop tops wants to be known as the ****** Chant Plaintiff.

Hey Chad, wanna play frisbee golf? Can't, I have a meeting with my attorney about my ****** Chant Rights.

Chad, can you come to granny's 80th birthday?
Can't, defending the racist rights of spoiled kids, mom.

Wanna go out on a date sometime? Aren't you the guy who sued OU? YOU ARE! YOU'RE ****** CHANT CHAD. No, go f*ck yourself.

Chad, in reviewing your resume, it came to me that you are the guy who drew bad press to your Alma Matter with some dumb racist ******** and then sued them. The position has been filled.

soonerwings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I love the armchair attorneys thinking Boren is setting OU up for lawsuits. I trust he is under better advisement than we are.

Also,I seriously doubt either of those mop tops wants to be known as the ****** Chant Plaintiff.

Hey Chad, wanna play frisbee golf? Can't, I have a meeting with my attorney about my ****** Chant Rights.

Chad, can you come to granny's 80th birthday?
Can't, defending the racist rights of spoiled kids, mom.

Wanna go out on a date sometime? Aren't you the guy who sued OU? YOU ARE! YOU'RE ****** CHANT CHAD. No, go f*ck yourself.

Chad, in reviewing your resume, it came to me that you are the guy who drew bad press to your Alma Matter with some dumb racist ******** and then sued them. The position has been filled.

For what it's worth, the author of the linked article just before your post that is a professor of law. Also, hate speech has protection as evidenced by rulings in favor of the KKK and Westboro Baptist Church.

I agree with your assessment of the two clowns though. It would SUCK to be them if they chose to sue. The path of least resistance for them would be to scamper off into anonymity.

Yes, Boren is under advisement from some pretty good lawyers, but his decision to expel isn't necessarily indicative of his/their belief that they can win a suit. It may very well be that he put on his administrator hat and determined that the economic costs of not expelling the students would be higher than the costs of expelling them and losing in court. After all, he does have to keep revenue flowing in. Heck, maybe he's just plain morally outraged and is willing to fight. Maybe he's banking on the fact that these guys aren't brave enough to stand on their free speech. You just never know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't care if you condone or condemn the ass whuppin they are due, just don't deny that they earned that ass whuppin.

Systematic racism is alive and well. These fine young men would have made sure that it continues to live on.

some of them may have...it depends if their hearts changed when they became more mature...people do stupid stuff all the time under peer pressure, or idiodic youth, etc...they do have good punch appeal I admit that...But it isn't for me to determine who deserves violence for speech..not an even trade off...and you can't forget they were in a closed bus; therefore any retribution is not as justified as if they'd gone out and picked a fight with someone. I'm not defending them, I'm defending rights.

Latest posts

Top Bottom