Racism at OU

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jfssms

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't agree with the expulsions, I do believe it's a violation of their free speech rights.

When it comes to civil rights, I'd rather err on the side of Liberty and the Constitution.

I am somewhat amused by irony of the same folks who were celebrating Occupy protestors first amendment rights being violated, who are now beating their chests and complaining about these guys free speech rights being violated by their expulsions.

Ten Bears puts it in perspective best, though.

Sorry, the reddest of the red state is not able to accommodate you.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I don't agree with the expulsions, I do believe it's a violation of their free speech rights.

When it comes to civil rights, I'd rather err on the side of Liberty and the Constitution.

I am somewhat amused by irony of the same folks who were celebrating Occupy protestors first amendment rights being violated, who are now beating their chests and complaining about these guys free speech rights being violated by their expulsions.

Ten Bears puts it in perspective best, though.

Just asking but how was their "free speech" violated? They chanted right? Nobody stopped them. Nobody said they couldn't sing the chant. So they chanted. There was no violation of their right to free speech.

There is some aftermath of them exercising their free speech. But that's not a violation, or denial of a right, that a repercussion of free speech.

If you exercise your right to free speech, which they did, then you better be ready for a reaction....which they weren't.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's like you're a magician who has all these pastel colored handkerchiefs up his ass tied end to end and you just keep pulling those handkerchiefs out of your ass one after another and people are amazed and there's no end to it.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They were kicked out of a university they simultaneously withdrew from and could no longer feasibly attend. Outrageous.

It was a PR move, and a good one.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The residence was shut down, as it should have been. The Rats weren't put in a tow sack and drowned in the river and shouldn't have been. The fact that you no longer have a residence on campus does not preclude you from attending classes on that campus.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The residence was shut down, as it should have been. The Rats weren't put in a tow sack and drowned in the river and shouldn't have been. The fact that you no longer have a residence on campus does not preclude you from attending classes on that campus.

Being the ****** Chant Guy does, tho.

Neither of them had any plans to stay enrolled after that video went viral, regardless of Boren's for-show expulsion. Politicians gonna politic. He had a chance to gain much by risking little. He would have been stupid not to.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Being the ****** Chant Guy does, tho.

Neither of them had any plans to stay enrolled after that video went viral, regardless of Boren's for-show expulsion. Politicians gonna politic. He had a chance to gain much by risking little. He would have been stupid not to.
If those idiots had already made the choice to leave then I completely endorse that choice and good fukcing riddance.

Raoul Duke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Somewhere in the stillborn state of Sequoyah
Sorry if I've shattered everyone's assumptions about my thoughts on the expulsions, but ya know what they say about making assumptions.

The best way of handling this would have been for Boren to summon them to his office to tell them no one was going anywhere until he had the signed paperwork for their withdrawals in his hand to give them the chance to do the right thing for their frat & university before going nuclear.

jfssms

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry if I've shattered everyone's assumptions about my thoughts on the expulsions, but ya know what they say about making assumptions.

The best way of handling this would have been for Boren to summon them to his office to tell them no one was going anywhere until he had the signed paperwork for their withdrawals in his hand to give them the chance to do the right thing for their frat & university before going nuclear.

The Governor, Senator, Doctor Boren did lawyers a solid. He is more than willing to spend university money.

Latest posts

Top Bottom