Random stuff you have repaired.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Over the summer I bought a used 3-point post hole digger. We're setting a bunch of fence posts and running about 600' of fence. So, let's use the auger! Nope. The slip collar on the PTO attach collar worked fine. But the ball detents weren't retracting and it was completely corroded up so I couldn't get the PTO shaft in there. I took it apart, WD-40'd the hell out of it, let it sit overnight, cleaned all the rust off, and fidgeted with the detent balls until they freed up. Cleaned it all as best as I could with a wire brush and some steel wool, put it back together and it worked like a champ.

I've never taken something like that apart and fixed it. Best part was the brownie points I scored with the wife. That and I smelled like WD-40 all day. Bonus...
If you're gonna buy used ag equipment, you need to get yourself some EvapoRust. And PB Blaster. Lots of PB Blaster. I'd say AeroKroil, but that stuff is spendy.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The jackwagon that I hired and paid to pour the concrete didn’t install rebar like I had requested. The weight of the pergola I built broke the concrete and it had been settling for the past couple of years.

It’s a 7’x3’x4” section. I busted out the old concrete, dug a footer below the pergola leg, drilled and installed rebar into the sections on each end and the footer, then hand mixed 800 lbs of concrete to replace the original that had failed.

It’s not done. I still need to finish it and let it cure for a week or so. Then install new lead anchors and reattach the pergola leg with the brackets I fabbed up.

View attachment 428559
Done.

IMG_8104.jpeg

Rustygun

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The wife got tired of the dark wood look in the kitchen at the Lake house. So we got to work this past summer and gave it a brighter uplifting look. It really did make it look larger and brighter.

Before picture:
IMG_5158.jpeg

After pictures:

IMG_0148.jpeg

IMG_0149.jpeg

IMG_0150.jpeg

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I bought a used Kennedy toolbox a few months ago and it had some machinist tools in it. One of the dial indicator magnetic mounts was locked up and wouldn't work. I took it apart and found a plastic coupling piece inside was broken. So, I measured the broken piece up and duplicated it out of aluminum. It works now.
mag base repair (1).JPG

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had a fire on my place a few weeks ago. While plowing a fire break, some burning leaves blew up onto my floor board/platform and wouldn’t you know it, they burned my wiring harness and the tractor died. Fortunately it was in an area that it wasn’t at risk of burning. I finally got back over to work on it yesterday. After 2 hrs of pulling melted wires apart, cutting and splicing them, I got it up and running again right at dark last night. I covered the splices with liquid tape today, then covered it with flex tubing. Also added a hidden kill switch for added security.

IMG_0072.jpeg

Latest posts

Top Bottom