Really? First the Shield, Now the XDs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AKmoose

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They should send out free mags with the returned firearm. Unfortunately this is not my first firearm that I've had to send in for repair. I can say with experience that nothing sucks more than waiting 1-6 months for it to be fixed and sent back. 9/10 times when it comes back from repair it goes up for sale.

About 9 years ago I sent an XD back for a chipped extractor. Asked them about a spot on the rear of the slide that was getting thin from carrying, a little over a week and I had it back in my hands with a refinish!
Great customer service from Springfield.

BIG_MIKE2005

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Glad my XD's are the older series before the XDM came out. I have never had a single issue with those, even after ton's of rounds.

These manufacturing issues aren't just happening in guns here lately. I have noticed a dramatic nosedive in quality over the past few years on many things. For example, we build pressure vessels & we have had more material issues in the past 2-3yrs than I have ever seen. And it's things like not passing NDE inspections due to quality of the metal itself. not a good sign when you notice quality dropping across the board for a different variety of goods.

Latest posts

Top Bottom