Reasonable hoodie laws coming to the sooner state

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The weather part is covered in the amendment.

I think I understand the point you are making and maybe there needs to be some wording added but I think the intent of the language is talking about to wear something with the sole intent to conceal your identity not for fashion or any other reason than to hide who you are.

You're right about the intent, but I don't have any faith in the powers that be to adjudicate any statute according to good intentions.

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I dont understand what you mean by this? The amendment says to intentionally conceal your identity why would you be intentionally concealing you identity if you aren't doing anything wrong?

PIs would definitely have use for concealing their identity.
Famous (or infamous) people would have use for concealing their identity.
People with stalkers may have use for concealing their identity.
People who have been the victims of domestic violence may have use for concealing their identity.
People confused about their sexual identity may wish to conceal their identity.
Married people may wish to hide their identity in order to participate in something (affair, GOP campaign, etc).
People hiding from criminal organizations have use for concealing their identity.
People engaged in civic protests may have good reasons to hide their identity. I wore a mask to a protest because at the prior protest someone simply took photos of individual protesters and left.
Edited to add: People who want to be clowns and/or politicians need to hide their identity.

Why would you intentionally conceal a firearm if you aren't doing anything wrong?

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
This^^^^All this reddest of the red sh*t is beyond old. Do Oklahoma's really want more reasons to enable police contact? you are being detained...not arrested.

This is so true. We are a national laughingstock. Repeatedly passing unconstitutional laws, laws regarding eating fetuses, hoodie laws....yet consistently rank at the bottom of good lists and the top of bad lists (low for health, education, high for meth, pill poppers, child abuse...)

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There were a couple of articles linked on my facebook feed of media outlets reporting that a Family Dollar had put up a sign telling customers to remove their hoods. The media grabbed a hold of it because some people in the black community felt that it was racist to require customers to remove their hoods.

Because we know that only african american's wear hoodies, right? Why can't a business want everyone to clearly show their faces without it being a black/white issue?

I absolutely abhor quoting anything that came from facebook, but my bank has a sign on the door to remove your dark glasses, remove your hoodie and no weapons allowed.

When I go in there, I make sure to wear a hoodie and sunglasses. Never had anybody contest me to this day. If they do.....

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is so true. We are a national laughingstock. Repeatedly passing unconstitutional laws, laws regarding eating fetuses, hoodie laws....yet consistently rank at the bottom of good lists and the top of bad lists (low for health, education, high for meth, pill poppers, child abuse...)

What I want to know is who these mental midgets are listening to when they propose dumbassery like this. I'm surrounded by conservatives and not a single one of them has agreeed with this idiocy. Most of them go "WTF", quickly followed by "Great, another dumbass making Oklahoma look stupid."

Sen. Barrington is NOT a conservative IMO. I'd disown him if he claimed he was. :(

Latest posts

Top Bottom