Rechamber or Rebarrel Price difference

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Josh P

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So I’ve got a couple rifles that are in oddball rounds and I’m wanting to get away to some things I can at least get ammo at hendershots for if I don’t have time to reload. The barrels are in good shape as well. My question is it cheaper to just buy a new barrel and have it installed , or have the old barrels rechambered. I can’t pull the barrels myself since i hurt my wrist so I’m out some labor either way.
I’ve got a 22br not sure what it could be rechambered too, and a 6ppc.

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
confuzzed2.jpg

amcardon

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Depending on the action they're spun up for, sell the barrels if they still have life in them (here or on snipers hide) and have a barrel blank chambered with whatever caliber you're going for.

ClintC

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Whats the bolt face diameter? I have re-barreled several Ruger American’s and about to re-barrel a Remington. Are you wanting to use a barrel nut or not?

Josh P

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The two of them are 700’s ones a Wichita. I know the 700’s both have standard 308 bolt faces the Wichita has a ppc bolt face I believe. I’m not opposed to a barrel nut I’ve had em on before. I’ve got a couple from urbanrifleman and really like them. The few I got from him were shooters but I’m pretty sure I’ll have to modify the stocks on all of them to fit a nut. I guess I mainly just wondered if it’s worth rechambering the barrels or cost effective too.

ClintC

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Attachments

• IMG_2777.jpeg
    IMG_2777.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2778.jpeg
    IMG_2778.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 0