Recliner, TV, Pain Pills and Frozen Peas

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DanB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The consult is today and the procedure is Friday. The Mrs. finally talked me into getting a vasectomy or at least scheduling it. We decided to go this route years ago. Just never got around to making it happen.

At least I'll be able to catch up on some of the movies I want to see.

Jwryan84

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I keep putting this off. "but just few iuds will last you until menopause" is not a persuasive argument to a 28 year old woman I guess.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Bad part is at least for me I could feel the IUDs, yes actually feel. That cord is sharp and will ruin your day.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
its gonna hurt. everyone I know that had one said they wouldnt do it again if they knew

Mine was painless. Doc said to take 4-5 days off and be careful for a week after.
I jumped into a Semi, and drove to NJ on the 4th day. O'l lefty was about the size of a tennis ball when I got back. It took a week to get back to normal. Hence, my warning to follow Dr's rules and let them know what you do for a living.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've done a few, most of the guys later said in followup overall it wasn't as bad as they thought. A little sore for a few days, hell a couple never even used the pain medicine I prescribed for them, just Tylenol and ibuprofen.

I would get it done, but the wife has female issues that are alleviated by being on birth control, so there hasn't been a need.

I've always felt it was a much better option for me to have a short, relatively minimalist procedure than for her to go have actual surgery to have the tubes tied, what with anesthesia risks and such, but, again, it's been unnecessary.

Go for it, then in a few weeks, wail away without a care in the world! :D

Latest posts

Top Bottom