Recommendation on Vacation Ideas within 1 day drive from Tulsa

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OKCShooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a Lakehouse in Carlton Landing that I rent out...it is 1.5 hours from Tulsa.

Facebook Page: The Crown at Carlton Landing

IMG_1784.jpeg

Two Gun Warrior

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like the looks of that area. Manitou Springs looks nice as well
Canon City is great little town lots of history. About 1 hour to Colorado Springs and Durango. Short drive to some of the best river rafting. Recommend the day raft trip through the Royal gorge. Also the Durango to Silverton train ride. Also not far from Victor, Co. if you like gambling, some neat mining history there.

hipshot

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Eureka Springs was a great place and wasn’t expensive at all, ( except a room during a corvette rally) lodging, restaurants, entertainment and shopping were all fairly inexpensive and you could run over to the War Eagle mill about 30-40 minutes away which is kinda cool and the War Eagle caverns as well !

Two Gun Warrior

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Perhaps Broken Bow State Park, but this late in the year the accommodations might be all booked up through the summer. When they’re releasing water through the dam upstream from there, the air temperature can be 10-15° cooler on the river bank than at the park‘s parking lot 100 yards away.
4 th of July week is wall to wall Texas people. to many to do anything.

Two Gun Warrior

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
10hrs or so to Denver, Colorado Springs area or Red River, Taos, Santa Fe, New Mexico areas. Higher the better for temps during the summer though.
A lot to see and do around Colorado Springs. Great restaurants parks, museum. Zoo, 7 falls, Air Force academy, Pikes Peak, Garden of the Gods and nice mountain drives. Just watch out for rush hours. They have some of the best gun shows. One hour to Denver.

mgssamn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
depends on what you want. Scenic/ shows/ shopping etc..
But- scenice - hiking- Mt View Arkansas is very scenic, river fishing, hiking, awesome caves, reasonable prices versus others/ folk music capitol of the world if you are into that. Lots of scenery withing an hour of mt view AR. 4.5 hours from Tulsa area.
I was there on memorial weekend +
ARBNB cheaper than most and more available, go to restaurant at 6pm and no traffic to deal with and no waiting in line. I have been to Broken bow. but if you are looking a quiet getaway, my suggestion is mt view. ark. like the world hasn't found it yet.
at least when I was there.

Latest posts

Top Bottom