Recommendations for a kids 22lr.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like the idea of a manually actuated action and a magazine that can't be lost. So single shots and tube fed get my vote. My plan in the next year or two is to buy an extra Henry H001 and an extra buttstock to chop down. then I can have a reduced LOP, iron sights, and the ability to mount an optic all in one platform. Then as they get older, I can add spacers until they fit the unmodified stock.

And its cowboy cool. A matching Ruger wrangler and a sweet gunbelt is gonna be a requirement as well.

Which means that if my kid has that, then I'll have to get me a set of single six 6.5 and 4.6" convertibles and a gunbelt for me as well.

Man I can't wait to have kids.

CPT Gene Mauch

You gotta creep
Special Hen
Reaction score
I did see a guy that cut a stock down, but in increments, and he added magnets to each segment to be able to customize for his different sized kids. Pretty ingenious, but I'm not that handy.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I used my grandfathers Gill gun and it was not cut down.
I did have to cut the stock on a model 60 .22 for my kids. No biggie.

It got them to be able to hold and shoot.
Lots of slip on pads around to make it longer.
It's a tool and modifying it to make it work for the user is not an issue for me.

I shot it cut off and still hit what I was aiming at.

ClintC

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The only thing I would say at this point is custom built stock. you could use a short ar buffer tube and a clap on stock to it. that should get you there with some room to grow. Other than that I would look into the rascal rifle or a custom build. for the money I would lean toward that rascal. That way when they get older they can go pick out something. at least have more options to choose from.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Grumpy took the surrogate grandkids (11 and 12) out with S&W 15-22. We are gonna have to buy a LOT more .22 ... Lol It has an adjustable stock, which was perfect cuz the 12 yo has monkey arms ... And his brother has T.Red baby arms ... Lol

Latest posts

Top Bottom