Rem 700 .270

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jc5420

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
where is moboost when you need him?

oh and .243> .270

At further distances on "Medium" sized game I would prefer the 270. While I know many people who have taken deer out to 400m with the .243 I feel that the 270 would be a better candidate for the job. The .243 is best left for predators/varmints or even long range target/competition.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
At further distances on "Medium" sized game I would prefer the 270. While I know many people who have taken deer out to 400m with the .243 I feel that the 270 would be a better candidate for the job. The .243 is best left for predators/varmints or even long range target/competition.

+1. 270 is a great round for this neck of the plains... Though I've seen a 515 yard perfect whitetail kill shot out of a .243, I would agree the 270 would be a better round out to that yardage. And it is a great value on the distance range.

MoBoost

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok, I'll bite.

Here is the bottom line: I can't think of a cartridge designed in 20th century that is WORSE than 270 Winchester. If you know one - let me know; it's hard to think of another one that performs so spectacularly poor compared to it's parent (not that 30-06 is somehow amazing).

Toney

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok, I'll bite.

Here is the bottom line: I can't think of a cartridge designed in 20th century that is WORSE than 270 Winchester. If you know one - let me know; it's hard to think of another one that performs so spectacularly poor compared to it's parent (not that 30-06 is somehow amazing).
You know I've heard all that crap!!! You couldn't prove it with my remmi-lou!!! She's the best shooting rifle in the hole world!!!

No really!!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom