Ridiculous craigslist people on vehicles.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
https://oklahomacity.craigslist.org/cto/d/choctaw-1989-for-f150/7723096734.html

Look at this truck. Not running for two years. 4 speed. Long bed. No title. Close to me so I thought I might try to get a deal. He listed it for 3k. I asked for more pictures that he won't send. Now he says the price is off the table because it's getting "bid up".

I told him I might pay 2000 for it. I told him I could show up with a tow truck and the cash. No go.

Last edited:

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Never get 3k for it
I agree. I have a 90, white, short bed, 5 speed, clean title, ac works and all original, runs and drives good, that I would consider selling for 3500. But I paid 1500 for it in 2018 and that was fair. Put a 1000 into it with little fixes. Just shocked by his attitude and saying it's getting "bid up". My ass.

TerryP

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I purchase old used trucks that need work and work them over. Keep a few years and buy another. I enjoy working on old trucks and my problem is I don’t want to let them go later..
Run into folks like this often. Totally unrealistic of the value of it and they tend to claim it’s the holy grail when it’s actually a sh-t box.
In this case the floor of the bed is possibly rotted out from the trash pile holding water and I noticed there are no pictures of the front of the truck. Guarantee there’s a reason for that!

TerryP

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is my last rescue
92 Silverado
It was an unbelievable mess when I got it but it only had 104,000 miles on it.
Just pulled and resealed the intake manifold and changed the original valve cover gaskets.
My son and I do these together.
We’re now on a 91 ford f150. I’ll get some pics of it up soon.

Attachments

• IMG_2082.png
    IMG_2082.png
    5.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2031.jpeg
    IMG_2031.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2030.jpeg
    IMG_2030.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2029.jpeg
    IMG_2029.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 0

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I purchase old used trucks that need work and work them over. Keep a few years and buy another. I enjoy working on old trucks and my problem is I don’t want to let them go later..
Run into folks like this often. Totally unrealistic of the value of it and they tend to claim it’s the holy grail when it’s actually a sh-t box.
In this case the floor of the bed is possibly rotted out from the trash pile holding water and I noticed there are no pictures of the front of the truck. Guarantee there’s a reason for that!
I'm the same. People ask me if I'm a mechanic. That's a joke. I just learned how to run a multimeter a few years ago. Trying not to be a parts swapper. The old trucks are just a puzzle I might be able to complete with all the YouTube and forum information and some attention to detail.

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is my last rescue
92 Silverado
Just pulled and resealed the intake manifold and changed the original valve cover gaskets.
Yeah you're a country mile ahead of me. But I will be replacing the head on a Toyota 4cyl soon. Will be the biggest job I've done. But I chose the truck for the same reason I chose the the old fords. If I study, I can get it right.

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is my last rescue
92 Silverado
I prefer a Chevy like that. Although I don't know much about them. They just went up in price too much a few years ago. Might be a 10k truck right now.

fishincoop

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
https://oklahomacity.craigslist.org/cto/d/choctaw-1989-for-f150/7723096734.html

Look at this truck. Not running for two years. 4 speed. Long bed. No title. Close to me so I thought I might try to get a deal. He listed it for 3k. I asked for more pictures that he won't send. Now he says the price is off the table because it's getting "bid up".

I told him I might pay 2000 for it. I told him I could show up with a tow truck and the cash. No go.
That’s a good one, 300 inline cast iron block 6 cyl that’ll run forever, with a manual trans. But you’re right $2000 seems like fair price on the high side of fair.

Latest posts

Top Bottom