Ridiculous craigslist people on vehicles.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beautiful Mulberry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I rebuilt my land cruiser front axle under a car port outside my apartment in 08 with a DVD I bought from a guy from the I8mud forum.
Used a fish scale to set the bearing preload.
I have a first gen Tacoma manual 4x4. It’s a beast!
I also have a set of 1972 FJ40 axles that I’m wanting to install. Just not the right time

Beautiful Mulberry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For you Toyota rebuilders, I have two manuals for 95 to I think 96 or 97 Tacoma's. One is a dealership only manual that gives every measurement, and detail that the other books don't offer.
Mine is a 2001 A lot of stuff are the same however, there is a difference not sure if it would be applicable to my truck.

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mine is a 2001 A lot of stuff are the same however, there is a difference not sure if it would be applicable to my truck.
Yes there are some differences. Main ones are the newer Tacoma has coil packs instead of a distributor and I think the timing chain setup is a little different and easier to deal with.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Did you get rid of you Toyota? Know you were working it like a Hebrew slave for awhile. 😀
Tacoma is gone. 365,000 miles with zero mechanical failures. Still on the road 6 years later with a new owner that reports the same.
Must be confusing me with another person that had issues with theirs.
I had a cousin-in-law get those manuals when I bought it new figuring I might need them in future repairs that never happened.

Latest posts

Top Bottom