Ridiculous craigslist people on vehicles.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That’s a good one, 300 inline cast iron block 6 cyl that’ll run forever, with a manual trans. But you’re right $2000 seems like fair price on the high side of fair.
I agree! I'm like dang. No title. Yeah I can title 42 get it running. Maybe those miles are accurate. Could be an alright deal for 2k.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
https://oklahomacity.craigslist.org/cto/d/choctaw-1989-for-f150/7723096734.html

Look at this truck. Not running for two years. 4 speed. Long bed. No title. Close to me so I thought I might try to get a deal. He listed it for 3k. I asked for more pictures that he won't send. Now he says the price is off the table because it's getting "bid up".

I told him I might pay 2000 for it. I told him I could show up with a tow truck and the cash. No go.

He is a chicken ****.

Ready_fire_aim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If it had a clean title I think the price would be totally fair

Without a clean title or a damn convincing backstory I’d walk fast

My father in law has a 94 f150 short bed single cab inline 6 5spd manual project truck that he should sell but probably wouldn’t sell lol… it’s 2wd though. If it was a 4x4 I’d be chomping at the bit

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If it had a clean title I think the price would be totally fair

Without a clean title or a damn convincing backstory I’d walk fast

My father in law has a 94 f150 short bed single cab inline 6 5spd manual project truck that he should sell but probably wouldn’t sell lol… it’s 2wd though. If it was a 4x4 I’d be chomping at the bit
I want it. Ok not being 4x4. I have a first gen Tacoma 4x4 that I won't let anyone touch.

TerryP

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah you're a country mile ahead of me. But I will be replacing the head on a Toyota 4cyl soon. Will be the biggest job I've done. But I chose the truck for the same reason I chose the the old fords. If I study, I can get it right.
So I’ve got a 89 Toyota 4x4 that we bought new and I recently overheated it and warped the aluminum head..
It’s in line for motor and trans rebuild.
It’s at about 400,000 mi.
Rear differential is built, front end complete rebuild and now it’s everything else.
We’re upgrading our air compressor before we start this job.

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So I’ve got a 89 Toyota 4x4 that we bought new and I recently overheated it and warped the aluminum head..
Rear differential is built, front end complete rebuild and now it’s everything else.
How much do you want for it? You know the mileage doesn't matter on a truck like that. Hasn't for 20 years. You can get a long block for 2k. The 22re is a legendary motor.

But you e kinda of jerk for having all of these nice ole trucks.

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been obsessed with Toyotas since 98. That truck has a fully gear driven transfer case.

Latest posts

Top Bottom