Robber Shot Dead After Attempted Pawn Shop Robbery in Las Vegas

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oufan24

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We are not allowed to carry at work & I don't. But I don't work at a place that's really a risk of being robbed. Knock on wood. I would think a place that's high risk for robbery, the owner would allow certified & responsible employees to do so. Why not if their life is at risk while working? Not all employees can be as lucky as the guy at the cash for gold store that just punched the guy & knocked him out!

Twmaster

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes a chain store. We can thank the Lawyers for this (Sorry JB, Henschman, etc). The company is trying to cover their butts so they can limit being sued if somebody gets shot on their premises.

While I can see how companies make the choice to bar firearms in an effort to avoid lawsuits I think it's misguided. Especially in a dangerous setting like a liquor store etc. Barring firearms will not prevent a nut job from 'going postal' at work.

While I'm not a blood thirsty sort I am glad to see more people standing up to these thugs and taking a few out. Being a criminal should be hazardous.

Schuster

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
At what point does that store owner have to take responsibility for employee's safety and post a guard there. I would like to see that go to court, that if you don't allow firearms you are responsible for your employee's or customer's safety and anything that happens. I bet then the business would start looking at letting you legally carry.

Twmaster

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Companies already understand they are going to get sued if a BadGuy shoots a customer. What they appear to be afraid of is getting sued if an employee shoots a customer or another employee while confronting a BadGuy.

They have no control over the actions of the BadGuy. They have some control over the actions of their employees via their policies.

Agree or disagree that really is the point of the matter.

Mechanicalmehem

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wonder if the employee(soon to be former) could sue the robber's family for loss of wages while he looks for a new job.... His Looking for a job is a direct result of the robber's actions... Lmao..
--Mech

Latest posts

Top Bottom