Ruger Rumor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmike314

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Has anyone else heard about this?

So I was out making the rounds for ammo today and talked to one of the guys working the gun counter at one of the larger sporting stores. He tells me that Ruger has stopped taking orders for the 10/22 and will soon cease to produce it entirely. He further went on to say:
> the replacement would be a 7/22 - factory 7rd mag instead of a 10rd
> semi-auto would probably be removed
> the new rifle would be either bolt or lever
> Ruger was leaning towards a bolt action

Wondered if anyone else had picked up any info on this. Prior to this knowledge, I was thinking about purchasing and older 10/22.
I guess they just got a bit more valuable.

Peace_Maker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I seriously doubt Ruger would cancel a best seller and market leader like the 10-22. In recent years Ruger has become more semi-auto friendly with their AR variant. I could be wrong though.

jmike314

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If this was true, I think it would be released last week at the shot show. News like this would be all over the internet.

I thought the same. Maybe just more "holy gees go buy guns and ammo" talk. He just seemed real sure about it...said the TD model and all were going bye-bye. Oh well, guess you can't believe everything you hear...like Wally's was going to stop selling ammo.

n2sooners

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I heard it was going to be pink and shoot bubbles and Hello Kitty was going to be the spokesman, but after that latest terrorist threat those plans were shelved...

Latest posts

Top Bottom