Ruger Rumor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

10Seconds

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The 10/22 is THE iconic Ruger. I doubt they will ever quit producing it. If a guy owns only one rifle, these is a good chance its a 10/22.

(Yeah I edited it)

Last edited:

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Has anyone else heard about this?

So I was out making the rounds for ammo today and talked to one of the guys working the gun counter at one of the larger sporting stores. He tells me that Ruger has stopped taking orders for the 10/22 and will soon cease to produce it entirely. He further went on to say:
> the replacement would be a 7/22 - factory 7rd mag instead of a 10rd
> semi-auto would probably be removed
> the new rifle would be either bolt or lever
> Ruger was leaning towards a bolt action

Wondered if anyone else had picked up any info on this. Prior to this knowledge, I was thinking about purchasing and older 10/22.
I guess they just got a bit more valuable.

Said clerk won $10 in a bet by making up the most ridiculous story possible and everybody believed it anyway.

brennan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ruger already makes a 77/22 bolt action. Don't they make a lever action with a box mag. All they would have to do is change the mag. Ruger needs to make a take down 77/22.

Wheel Gun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
These guys understand what it's like to be in the risky American firearms business. They've got plans for whatever direction the wind is blowing. It's not inconceivable that this model or that would stop production because of political winds.

Latest posts

Top Bottom