Samsung Captivate vs. Iphone 4

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deja

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a Nexus One (Android) and it's incredible. I'd get another Android phone over an iPhone any day. There is just ONE thing that the iPhone has on the Android (unless you count the dual cameras, which I don't give a damna bout): the iPhone has Words with Friends.

Huge advantage, iPhone!

I just got TuneSync for my captivate. Syncs my iTunes library/playlists to my captivate over wireless and usb like a charm. The mast major hurdle to freeing myself from apple hardware is complete. Or it will be when I buy the full version (trial version only let me sync 20 songs).

I'm itching to root this thing.. Maybe I will soon. I know that if I do, I'll be using some good backup software like titanium backup or the like.

Don't root it by changing the bootloader. That voids your warranty. There is a program called "EasyRoot" that changes the permission settings without making any permanent changes to your phone. It's reversible with the click of a button. It gives you all the abilities you need (screen shots, using camera as a flashlight, network stuff, remote control, etc) without changing the boot loader. Unless you want to change ROMs.

Traxxis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have the iPhone 4. It is freaking awesome. not fragile at all. How in the world have you seen 7 broken iPhone 4's so far? I'm genuinely intrigued? do you work at an apple or at&t store? or are you just seeing them on the internet?

you sound like you have a vendetta against apple haha, were you assaulted by steve jobs?

Actually, its not a hatred for Steve, it's ez bake's hatred for the fruit. He is an orange fan, and everytime somebody uses the saying "apples to oranges" he goes on a rampage.

People say it was Johnny Appleseed that assaulted him, and he has never been the same since.

Also, the lies of "an apple a day keep the doctor away" have ruined any chance of him giving them a chance again.

:)

Larry Morgan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't root it by changing the bootloader. That voids your warranty. There is a program called "EasyRoot" that changes the permission settings without making any permanent changes to your phone.

I planned on using the one-click root if I ever do it. I may never feel the need to, though.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have the iPhone 4. It is freaking awesome. not fragile at all. How in the world have you seen 7 broken iPhone 4's so far? I'm genuinely intrigued? do you work at an apple or at&t store? or are you just seeing them on the internet?

you sound like you have a vendetta against apple haha, were you assaulted by steve jobs?

I actually went over each example in a later post in this very thread.

Posting facts about someone means you have a vendetta huh - I'm starting to figure out why the iPhones are so simple and restrictive :)

All I can say to the Apple folks is I hope you never have a problem with your phones and good luck. I've never said "my phone is better" in this whole thread, but people seem to jump to defend their brand if you point out the slightest negative fact about it in any section anymore, so I'll go ahead and enjoy my Android and you enjoy your iPhone (just be gentle with it :thumbup3: ).

Its all good - phones are doing things they only dreamed about even 10 years ago, so enjoy what you've got and be happy with it. I'm enjoying mine so far (I'm still an Android noob, but loving it except for just a few little nuances that have taken some getting used to).

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Actually, its not a hatred for Steve, it's ez bake's hatred for the fruit. He is an orange fan, and everytime somebody uses the saying "apples to oranges" he goes on a rampage.

People say it was Johnny Appleseed that assaulted him, and he has never been the same since.

Also, the lies of "an apple a day keep the doctor away" have ruined any chance of him giving them a chance again.

:)

This actually explains a lot of my life :D

Latest posts

Top Bottom