Sandy Hook Families' Lawsuit Against Gun Companies Can Move Forward

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ARguy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If the point of the Sandy Hook fraud was to get the guns away from citizens, then this lawsuit moving forward is certainly another step in that direction. It could be that once lawyers start digging around for facts, they may find out inconvenient things.

Larry Morgan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It does not get any uglier than what happened in that school. Instead of looking into the heart of evil it is so much easier to blame the gun.

I rarely use the "like" feature of any kind of website, but yours deserved it. No demeaning, no name calling, just the real hard truth.

I'd like to believe many of the victims families would not have this mindset, if they were not in fact families of victims. They are gripped by emotional turmoil. No amount of assigning blame will ease what they are experiencing. It's just sad they will have to find this out the hard way.

As I age, I find more and more we have become a huge culture of blame and guilt. This is the twisted evil step-twin of what we used to consider Justice. Nobody is willing to accept the answer that sometimes terrible things happen. It must be someone's fault. A feeble attempt to convince ourselves we can somehow control the things that are scary.

Ace_on_the_Turn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
The lawsuit is based on the following wording in the federal law (Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act):

(2) To preserve a citizen's access to a supply of firearms and ammunition for all lawful purposes, including hunting, self-defense, collecting, and competitive or recreational shooting.

The lawsuit claims, quite ridiculously, that the AR-15 is a military weapon. That is does not have any legitimate civilian use.
i939.photobucket.com_albums_ad231_nightowl2255_OSA30_zpsgrysorv3.jpg

The real "villain" in this case is U.S. District Judge Robert Chatigny (a Clinton appointee) who remanded the case back to state court (without issuing an opinion as to why) instead of simply ruling the case to be merit-less and dismissing it. At some point it will be thrown out. May even be on appeal after the plaintiffs win in state court, but it will be dismissed.

chuter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
About point 5: I've heard from someone in law enforcement and who trains LEOs that some officers are just given a rifle to carry in the trunk of their car with no training at all.

It shouldn't be hard to show that these points are ridiculous.

MadDogs

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
If I read the story correctly, she's in state court. I don't think she would be applying federal law. And if federal law did apply, she's just going to differentiate this case to get to the outcome she wants.

From what I understand is that the judge did some legal gymnastics to rationalize why she ignored federal law. Case should NOT be in either state or federal court.

Last edited by a moderator:

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Latest posts

Top Bottom