Sandy Hook Families' Lawsuit Against Gun Companies Can Move Forward

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zaphod Beeblebrox

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I guess the Judge and the plaintiffs lawyers didn't read Phillips v. LuckyGunner, LLC.
Colorado theater shooting lawsuit that was dismissed by a federal Judge.
In a year we will be asked to feel sorry for them if they are asked to pay the defendants legal costs.

Different circuits. The judge in CT isn't bound by the decision in CO. Even though it should be persuasive, she is free to ignore it.

MadDogs

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
These aren't typical gun control arguments. Some people have decided that shutting down manufacturing is the only way to get rid of "assault weapons", so it's treading into new territory.

Not really all that new. Bush signed in 2005 a liability shield to prevent such atypical gun control arguments (such as over marketing, over supply, or as a nuisance).

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not really all that new. Bush signed in 2005 a liability shield to prevent such atypical gun control arguments (such as over marketing, over supply, or as a nuisance).
I realize that. What I mean is there is new litigation on the issue, which could end up affecting the gun industry. Hillary is making this a main issue of her campaign (i.e., campaigning for it), and I've seen a lot of public support for it.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
These aren't typical gun control arguments. Some people have decided that shutting down manufacturing is the only way to get rid of "assault weapons", so it's treading into new territory.
The flintlock was a weapon of war, the Garand was a weapon of war. The Bow and Arrow are weapons of war. All classified as assault weapons by the lefts definition. Most of the left are OK with these "assault weapons", but hate the black gun. They are racist.

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The flintlock was a weapon of war, the Garand was a weapon of war. The Bow and Arrow are weapons of war. All classified as assault weapons by the lefts definition. Most of the left are OK with these "assault weapons", but hate the black gun. They are racist.
Which fits my earlier comment...emotional and irrational/illogical arguments.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
All the arguments I've seen surrounding this issue are entirely emotional, and lack any rational/logical basis. They will not support holding automobile manufacturers liable for damages caused by drunk drivers, but want firearm manufacturers held liable for damages caused by their products being used illegally...and the same contradiction regarding advertising. Even though I can make sense of it psychologically, it doesn't make it easier to deal with.

So just how do you make sense of it? To me it's pure unadulterated hypocrisy and I just can't think of a way to square that or that it even can be "squared". Not trying to start an argument or troll just an honest question.

Sometimes I think we should just go ahead and let them do what they will. It's just another example of Darwin at work. The outcome is certain and the sooner it's over the sooner we can start over. Maybe we can get another 240 years out of the next round.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What are consequences to a judge who makes a very poor legal assessment/ruling/judgement(?) ?
Can they be removed from the bench for errors? Are they shamed into resigning by their peers? OR are they sacrosanct for the most part, able to blithely continue making poor rulings?

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What are consequences to a judge who makes a very poor legal assessment/ruling/judgement(?) ?
Can they be removed from the bench for errors? Are they shamed into resigning by their peers? OR are they sacrosanct for the most part, able to blithely continue making poor rulings?
Well they would have to determine whether she knew she was doing it ....and did it Really do any harm....and lastly submit to the potus....hell decide.... ;/

Latest posts

Top Bottom