Sears

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
TEKTON TOOLS. Made in USA, great quality, great customer service, great company. Tools every bit as good as “off the truck”, without the hassels and price. If you happen to break a Tekton tool, eether you bought it or not, send them a picture of broke tool, email or upload, they immediately ship you a replacement tool, no receipt, no BS. They also have a nice rewards program, 10% of purchase in points to use next purchase or save up and get things free, and free shipping. I got a free no skip 3/8 socket set ($200) awhile back by saving up points, and it shipped free also.
According to their website, most of their tools are made in Taiwan. That's not to say everything else you said about them isn't true....

https://www.tekton.com/about-us
"At this time, about 71% of our current product lineup is made in Taiwan, 24% in the United States, 2% in Canada, 2% in China, and about 1% across several other countries. You can find the country of origin for every tool on Tekton.com by scrolling to the bottom of the product page and referring to the "Specs" section."

Lurkerinthewoods

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
My friend still goes to the flea market on admiral and buys all the craftsman ratchets he can find for a few dollars each and takes them to Lowe’s and they replace them.

He does the same thing with Snap-On and the driver that comes to his employer, replaces them for new ones.

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
According to their website, most of their tools are made in Taiwan. That's not to say everything else you said about them isn't true....

https://www.tekton.com/about-us
"At this time, about 71% of our current product lineup is made in Taiwan, 24% in the United States, 2% in Canada, 2% in China, and about 1% across several other countries. You can find the country of origin for every tool on Tekton.com by scrolling to the bottom of the product page and referring to the "Specs" section."
Taiwan has the reputation, in machine tools anyway, to be a big step up from China in quality. It will be interesting to see how long it takes for that to go away when they merge into China.

Slim Deal

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree, 1985 was a great year. :)
I still have some Craftsman wrench's, several screw drivers and socket sets 1/2' drive and 3/4' drive from a 1969 tools set I purchased with at Sears. My Dad has the old toolbox that came with the tools. I think it cost me about 60.00 back then. I use the screw drivers daily since are twice as good as any of the Stanley, Black and Decker, GoodWrench etc tools.

Last edited:

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I still have some Craftsman wrench's, several screw drivers and socket sets 1/2' drive and 3/4' drive from a 1969 tools set I purchased with at Sears. My Dad has the old toolbox that came with the tools. I think it cost me about 60.00 back then. I use the screw drivers daily since are twice as good as any of the Stanley, Black and Decker, GoodWrench etc tools.
That was a bit of money then but you got some good tools.

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I can share a Tekton story as of today, I have been buying their tools for a few years. I bought a 1/2 inch impact socket set last year. Monday of this week one of my sons stops in needing some help with power washing trailer. He tries to grab a 5/8 deep socket and low and behold this what he finds
41A60465-3E9D-463E-8E06-D976B91ACED9.jpeg

Yep I do not have a 5/8 deep bit I do have qty 2 1/2 deep sockets in the set….. So today I send them this photo with an explanation

101A8A0D-25D8-45BF-8595-7DE6A0B371C1.jpeg

These emails are from today, they not only responded but actually shipped the replacement in under an hour (on a Saturday no less)

I have a lot of Tekton and Craftsman and an Icon Box , I am going to have more Tekton in the future Craftsman Smaftsman

Latest posts

Top Bottom