Senator shot in Virginia at baseball practice

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frederick

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No it is not, but McVeigh did know the daycare was there, just did not care if the children died. He saw them as comparable to the children at Waco or Ruby Ridge.
The OKC Bombing is comparable to the House Republican shooting, both were attacking the government. I would assume that both McVeigh and Hodgkinson thought the government were endangering Liberty.

I disagree.

the OKC bombing was on a much more vast and deadly scale than the shooting at the baseball game.

Baseball game, 5 people got injured and so far only the perp has died.

Meanwhile, the OKC bombing caused ~870 casualties, including 168 killed. Not to mention the children involved. Not even in the same universe.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Really, your information must be different from mine. What was McVeigh's motivation?

I don't question his motivation but you make it sound like the innocents were killed by accident.

He targeted everyone in that building, on purpose. He wanted maximum effect and got it. Don't water it down.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
:bigeye:

Huge President Trump supporter Ted Nugent phoned into a radio program Thursday to accept responsibility for his past violent rhetoric. During the interview, he called for everyone “to tone it down,” adding that “he is not going to be engaging in that kind of hateful rhetoric anymore.”

What. The. Hell.

The 68-year-old rocker has called for the deaths of various Democratic leaders. In 2014, the NRA board member called for the assassination of then-President Obama. He called Obama a “subhuman mongrel.” In 2016, Nugent was again voicing his ominous wishes as he called for the death of then-Democratic presidential hopeful Hillary Clinton.

http://dailycaller.com/2017/06/15/rocker-ted-nugent-says-its-time-to-tone-down-the-violent-rhetoric/

Pokinfun

The Most Interesting Man in the World
Special Hen
Reaction score
I disagree.

the OKC bombing was on a much more vast and deadly scale than the shooting at the baseball game.

Meanwhile, the OKC bombing caused ~870 casualties, including 168 killed. Not to mention the children involved. Not even in the same universe.
I do not think you can measure the political effector motivation by giving a body count.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No it is not, but McVeigh did know the daycare was there, just did not care if the children died. He saw them as comparable to the children at Waco or Ruby Ridge.
The OKC Bombing is comparable to the House Republican shooting, both were attacking the government. I would assume that both McVeigh and Hodgkinson thought the government were endangering Liberty.

I don't disagree with any of your statement. And, I agree there are but cases both left and right. Thankfully, they are not common.

My point is related to larger groups and is the counter statement I made to Hobbes. There are individual acts, or at best small support groups on both sides, where nut cases have twisted off.

The examples I provided relate to are larger groups of people (rally / riot). It just seems the left is more violent at protests than the right. I can't think of a single conservative protest since the 60s where there was violence.

The right talks a bunch of sh$t about violent acts but the left seems to actually follow through with it.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Infowars reaches 3.5 million people monthly

Fox News reaches 20 to 30 million people monthly

Where did you get yout numbers ?

Go look at the subscribers to his YT channels.

YT subscribers isn't even remotely indicative of regular viewers. I've got 3 or 4 "subscriptions" on YT, but seldom actually watch them, and at least 2 or 3 I haven't watched a video in months. That's hardly something I'd consider regular viewing/listening. YT "subscriber" numbers are a high school popularity contest, nothing more.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I disagree.

People confuse intent with scope or intensity. It's the same when someone lamely brings up Alex Jones in the face of ALL the leftist propaganda being spewed by 85% of all media (made up stat, but not far off the mark).

McVeigh committed a political domestic terrorist attack. It actually had two primary effects. It caused the .gov to reassess their pursuit of right wing groups and it pretty much ended the growth of anti-government militias. As terrorist attacks go, it was fairly effective. No one wants to admit that ugly truth, but it's there nonetheless.

This political domestic terrorist attack was not nearly as effective. The body count isn't high enough to effect any changes in the right and it makes the cause he attacked for look worse than the cause he attacked.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
This political domestic terrorist attack was not nearly as effective. The body count isn't high enough to effect any changes in the right and it makes the cause he attacked for look worse than the cause he attacked.

The one thing this has raised to me personally, seeing the Dims' and (Re)Pubes' outrange and rhetoric about how this has finally become real - what the hell is worse about some whacko nutjob attacking an elected official (or many of them) than attacking innocent Americans on the street? In a nightclub? In a church? Why are politicians enough of a "protected class" (with their armed bodyguards to help end the attack that Americans typically do not have and are simultaneously prohibited from carrying their own protection in many places in this country) than are regular, everyday people?

Thousands of Americans are gunned down every year.
How many law enforcement officer deaths this year? 61
This month? 7, already, in June alone.
In 2016? 145

We could go on and on and on about all the Americans who have been slaughtered by political whackos, terrorists of one kind or another, etc., but the bottom line is this, at least FOR ME:

Why do the bigwigs in Washington all of a sudden want to be indignant to a man (or woman), act like they're coming together, share public moments of prayer and outrage, strongly condemn such acts on the floor of the House and Senate because their own elite class has suddenly been attacked?

Where was all this unity and universal outrage when regular-Joe Americans were being killed in the same manner?

Latest posts

Top Bottom