Should businesses be required to allow CCW?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frederick

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I understand both sides of this. I have owned 3 businesses in different professions. For me, I did not mind any one carrying in any of them.

But my though is that since I have risked all my personal finances, spent 16 hours a day 24/7 getting them up and running, and then the gov (local,state,fed) comes in the door and tells me what I can and can not do or accept inside my business building, I have some problems with that. If some of those things help and I might be more successful, if not I might not be as successful. Remides me of a time I had an off duty OHP person try to get in my face one time, I offered him the choice to leave or I would have him arrested. I did get him fired from his part time job because of his arrogance. -----

My sweat, blood, tears, and life savings went into building these businesses. Let me screw it up without your gov help, OK?

Might be out of line here with some peoples thoughts, but to me there is now little grey area between you carrying in your living room and you walking down the street OC thanks to a lot of hard work by many people, many here on this site.

For me, your living room is your living room just as mine is mine, our rules are our rules. For me, my street is my street just as yours is yours, gov rules, carry if you want, no problem from me with either of them.

For me, my business is my business, no different than my living room. You do not want to wear shoes or shirt in my living room or business, you are not welcome. Your living room or Big Slide might be OK, with no shoes or shirt for you, but not my business OK? Sorry I do not care if you think OK or not, this is my business, my rules, follow or get out. Simple?

I totally agree that any business owner has the right to say, My business, My rules. You not like it, do not pull the door handle. Simple? I totally agree with this. Also, just as we as a customer have choices, they should being a business owner. Their opinion of their establishment, just as you have of yours.

I have one friend not open to me carrying at his residence, no problem, I do not visit at his residence. He is welcome to visit mine. I carry 45 IWB most of the time. Strange he is comfortable with that out places or at my residence. Might just get him to come around some day. Working on him to take a 22LR down to the neighborhood range. Nice guy, just had been led astray in his younger life.

I avoid businesses where I have to wear a shirt in the summer if I do not feel like it. I also try to avoid businesses that do not feel me being a responsible CC person is welcome if I can. Otherwise, "Catch me if you can." and ask me to leave. No problem, but I will not bring my $ back. Sometimes it is "corporate" policy, and it does not matter

Business owners have choices, like it should be, it is their business, just like my living room in my opinion.

I appreciate your perspective as a business owner.

Herein lies the problem. What gives you the wisdom or authority to have your agenda shoved down somebody else's throat? How is it any different from the liberal agenda being shoved down yours?

Because it is God's will. I also believe authoritarian governments can be more effective. The threat of liberalism/progressivism/communism also thinks very heavily into that line of thought.

I'd rather a right-wing dictatorship than a left-wing government like China.

sanjuro893

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I appreciate your perspective as a business owner.

Because it is God's will. I also believe authoritarian governments can be more effective. The threat of liberalism/progressivism/communism also thinks very heavily into that line of thought.

I'd rather a right-wing dictatorship than a left-wing government like China.

Dude, just........... DUDE! If you're not just trolling at this point, I gotta say short version so I don't get too preachy:
I used to be JUST like you. Bending others to God's will with the Good Book in one hand and a Louisville Slugger in the other, more or less. I did a lot of damage and destroyed a lot of relationships along the way but I didn't care. Actually DROVE people away from Christ rather than being them to Him. I lost my faith at one point and had many years where I was exactly what I hated. I eventually saw that you can't FORCE holiness on others. It has to be a choice, made from each individual heart and completely voluntary or else it is false....it is lukewarm, it is anathema. I pray you'll see that without losing your faith or causing the same kind of wreckage in your wake that I left in mine.

And if you ARE just trolling..... You got me. Screw you.

Frederick

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dude, just........... DUDE! If you're not just trolling at this point, I gotta say short version so I don't get too preachy:
I used to be JUST like you. Bending others to God's will with the Good Book in one hand and a Louisville Slugger in the other, more or less. I did a lot of damage and destroyed a lot of relationships along the way but I didn't care. Actually DROVE people away from Christ rather than being them to Him. I lost my faith at one point and had many years where I was exactly what I hated. I eventually saw that you can't FORCE holiness on others. It has to be a choice, made from each individual heart and completely voluntary or else it is false....it is lukewarm, it is anathema. I pray you'll see that without losing your faith or causing the same kind of wreckage in your wake that I left in mine.

And if you ARE just trolling..... You got me. Screw you.

I'm not worried about what individuals do, only as a matter of government policy. So not stopping people from being homosexual, but stopping the government from recognizing it as legitimate. I see regulating businesses as not a matter of freedom because i don't see businesses as necessarily private property but rather part of commerce that must be regulated.

You can't change a man's heart by force, you can only influence society through government policy and public action.

sanjuro893

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not worried about what individuals do, only as a matter of government policy. So not stopping people from being homosexual, but stopping the government from recognizing it as legitimate. I see regulating businesses as not a matter of freedom because i don't see businesses as necessarily private property but rather part of commerce that must be regulated.

You can't change a man's heart by force, you can only influence society through government policy and public action.

And you contend it's the will of God for YOU to shape society via government intrusion into people's businesses, deciding what's legitimate, etc., yeah, I get it.
I'll ask you again, what gives you the authority or wisdom to try and influence society to what you believe is God's will? More specifically, what qualifies YOU particularly to make those decisions?

Frederick

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And you contend it's the will of God for YOU to shape society via government intrusion into people's businesses, deciding what's legitimate, etc., yeah, I get it.
I'll ask you again, what gives you the authority or wisdom to try and influence society to what you believe is God's will? More specifically, what qualifies YOU particularly to make those decisions?

Well, there's little argument that God opposed homosexuality. It can be argued that it is god's will. That is not just my opinion, that is the opinion of a large majority of Christian thought.

I don't specifically have qualifications to make those decisions, it has to be the decision of the Church.

sanjuro893

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, there's little argument that God opposed homosexuality. It can be argued that it is god's will. That is not just my opinion, that is the opinion of a large majority of Christian thought.

I don't specifically have qualifications to make those decisions, it has to be the decision of the Church.

Okay, going back to your original statement, do you think that it's God's will to force people to allow firearms in their places of business?

Latest posts

Top Bottom