Should businesses be required to allow CCW?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why not just pick another business instead of advocating for the government to enforce your desires?

There isn't a single private business in this state that you can't find alternatives to. Your rights aren't being infringed one bit.

It's his thing. Though often it seems like it's using the government to repress his desires...

Frederick

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just like you have no right to be free from government regulation you also have no right to live a life free from risk. If you want to carry a firearm then only frequent businesses that allow you too. There is nothing forcing you to go into any business. Even if that business is selling the one thing you can not get anywhere else. That item is most likely a want and not a need.

If you want people to respect your right to carry a firearm then respect their rights. Not having a firearm is not the same as not being able to defend yourself.

Ironically, I've never really been a supporter of democracy or freedom either way.

What if the business is owned by someone religiously opposed to violence (like a quaker, say). Should they be forced to violate their religious beliefs and allow weapons?

I'm religiously opposed to black people. My religion tells me they're satan, so i can refuse service. right.

Why not just pick another business instead of advocating for the government to enforce your desires?

There isn't a single private business in this state that you can't find alternatives to. Your rights aren't being infringed one bit.

It's really just a matter of convenience, i guess. Certainly there are worse places than Oklahoma as far as guns go.

as a matter of public policy, i believe individuals with permits should not be refused service in any establishment.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ironically, I've never really been a supporter of democracy or freedom either way.

I'm religiously opposed to black people. My religion tells me they're satan, so i can refuse service. right.

It's really just a matter of convenience, i guess. Certainly there are worse places than Oklahoma as far as guns go.

as a matter of public policy, i believe individuals with permits should not be refused service in any establishment.

Well, sorry, but you can feel that way all day long. However, if I open a business, and don't want to allow you to bring a firearm in there, I believe I should have the right to deny you entry. It's MY place, it's MY rules. And it's the law.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Frederick

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, sorry, but you can feel that way all day long. However, if I open a business, and don't want to allow you to bring a firearm in there, I believe I should have the right to deny you entry. It's MY place, it's MY rules. And it's the law.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, i wouldn't want to patron a place i'm not wanted in any case.

But being a business, i believe that generally there should be regulations to follow. Your place, sure, but you have to accommodate the general public if you want to conduct business.

As far as the law, you can't prohibit firearms in your parking lot, regardless of it being private property.

elmo

Marksman
Reaction score
I don't think any business should be told by the state or the feds about who or what comes in their business. If they don't want them fine. I have a right not to go in.
Why does everything have to come with a mandate?

BryanDP

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm for less government regulations in general, so I feel like it would be hypocritical of me to want the government to require a private business to allow me to carry my gun on their property. There used to be a movement to educate all of these businesses to the silliness of their no-gun signage but these days I'm more for giving them their false sense of security and carry on. (Literally.)

Bryan

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I understand both sides of this. I have owned 3 businesses in different professions. For me, I did not mind any one carrying in any of them.

But my though is that since I have risked all my personal finances, spent 16 hours a day 24/7 getting them up and running, and then the gov (local,state,fed) comes in the door and tells me what I can and can not do or accept inside my business building, I have some problems with that. If some of those things help and I might be more successful, if not I might not be as successful. Remides me of a time I had an off duty OHP person try to get in my face one time, I offered him the choice to leave or I would have him arrested. I did get him fired from his part time job because of his arrogance. -----

My sweat, blood, tears, and life savings went into building these businesses. Let me screw it up without your gov help, OK?

Might be out of line here with some peoples thoughts, but to me there is now little grey area between you carrying in your living room and you walking down the street OC thanks to a lot of hard work by many people, many here on this site.

For me, your living room is your living room just as mine is mine, our rules are our rules. For me, my street is my street just as yours is yours, gov rules, carry if you want, no problem from me with either of them.

For me, my business is my business, no different than my living room. You do not want to wear shoes or shirt in my living room or business, you are not welcome. Your living room or Big Slide might be OK, with no shoes or shirt for you, but not my business OK? Sorry I do not care if you think OK or not, this is my business, my rules, follow or get out. Simple?

I totally agree that any business owner has the right to say, My business, My rules. You not like it, do not pull the door handle. Simple? I totally agree with this. Also, just as we as a customer have choices, they should being a business owner. Their opinion of their establishment, just as you have of yours.

I have one friend not open to me carrying at his residence, no problem, I do not visit at his residence. He is welcome to visit mine. I carry 45 IWB most of the time. Strange he is comfortable with that out places or at my residence. Might just get him to come around some day. Working on him to take a 22LR down to the neighborhood range. Nice guy, just had been led astray in his younger life.

I avoid businesses where I have to wear a shirt in the summer if I do not feel like it. I also try to avoid businesses that do not feel me being a responsible CC person is welcome if I can. Otherwise, "Catch me if you can." and ask me to leave. No problem, but I will not bring my $ back. Sometimes it is "corporate" policy, and it does not matter

Business owners have choices, like it should be, it is their business, just like my living room in my opinion.

Latest posts

Top Bottom