Should I buy a used Range Rover?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JonnyRocco

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My company has had several of these. They are ok while they are under warranty and become quite expensive when they aren't. Several of them had to stop beside the road, turn them off and restart them to reset the computer, drive some more then do it all over again. We sure didn't make any friends when they were resold. MPG was terrible, but if you can afford a Rover, that doesn't matter.

Blinocac200sx

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
First off, in regards to the Freelander, the boys at Top Gear found it to be worthless, since it won't offroad like a good 4x4, and it is awful on road. As far as Range Rover in general, they make pretty good 4x4s, and are generally not awful if maintained. But notice the one guy on the board really sticking up for them is probably the most wealthy and able to afford the regular maintenance on a Range Rover. If you can likewise afford to keep up the regular maintenance on a Range Rover, then you too will have a good experience with it. Otherwise, buy a 4x4 that you can afford to maintain.

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
I haven't had to do much other than the regular services and change out tires. Granted, I didn't really push the 4x4 on it by offroading a lot. I did pull out my buddy's Ford 350 out a mud hole with one of my Defenders. It was funny to see such a compact Jeep type vehicle pulling out his big ass truck.

As for wealthy....depends on the year ha ha. My business is like a friggin rollercoaster. Up, down, up, down and all the while you feel nauseous. :ooh2:

Latest posts

Top Bottom