Should I take my situation to small claims court?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

waffles

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well I paid him the first time because he did install the motor and started it up for me and sounded great. Should I have just said" when I get it to the lake sometime next week and try it on the water, I will then stop by and pay you." I mean I am not sure how else I could have handled it .

Droff

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If it drags out, Small Claims can work, but I'd say you'd have to file against a business and not an individual. If he has a valid business with a name, you might have a better shot of getting your boat (or money), most business owners don't want a lien on their business. If he's just a guy without an official business, company or name, you might as well pound sand. Small Claims is relatively inexpensive, but there is money and time involved.
I've had both types of claims. Won both, got paid on one (business owner).

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't take it home without a seatrial (or lake trial) as the case may be.

Don't let him run it on muffs or in a barrel, you can't get the rpm up enough that way to tell if it will haul the boat around.

Boat mechanics suck.

chubbs

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
At first Chubbs I got the same impression. Seemed like a great guy. Willing to work with me. But after this long and excuse after excuse I just found that he was giving me the run around. I can work with people and am very understanding. But 8 months is ridiculous for a engine swap. If you woukd have at least called and updated me a little I would have been more ok with this whole situation. Speaking of Mcloud PD. Just went through a huge checkpoint. First time I have been stopped since acquiring my Oklahoma handgun license. At first the guy questioned if the car was registered to me because he asked why my steering column panel wasnt on(the janky work car) as I was explaining and handing him my DL and handgun license, I could tell immediately that he knew I didnt steal the car or anything. Maybe because having my handgun license showed I wasnt a car thief lol. Who knows.

Who was it that stopped you?

Latest posts

Top Bottom